T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

My kids have got mario and sonic at the olympics but hve discovered a small but annoying bug/issue.

One of my kids is called Eleanor, but it will not accept this name, this is the same on both DS's with different cards. Is this just a problem effecting us or is it repeatable on others? Oh and of course has any one got an idea of how to get around this.

I wondered if one of the characters was call Eleanor, and the name was resevred, so I tried Sonic and that was no problem. Also with the name Eleanor, I tried adding a smiley character b4 and after the name same result...

Cheers

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on Ill tell you what We get...

You can not use this name!
Please select a different name.

feel free to try creating it your self on yours to see...

Magnifico

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
no, the game is supposd to work this way. It has a RIDICULOUSLY long lost of "inappropriate" names that it bans. they went CRAZY with it! sometimes its because the name contains a bad word somewhere in the name, other times you have no clue.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know that this is probably not the answer you are looking for but I thank you are able to change the Ban List if you unpack it with DSLazy. Agin probably not the answer you are looking for but myabe.

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh sounds intersting, ill go get it DSLazy now, have a play and ill report back probably 2morow as work will get in the way
smile.gif

mtia

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that worked
smile.gif

unpacked it with dslazy found the bad names list deleted it and repacked it, now she can be Eleanor
smile.gif

That actual name is not in the list though something close to anor is. So I guess that was what was flagging it up.

On another note she can connect multiplayer with her sisters no problem without having to "patch" hers which is a bonus.

Cheers again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s