OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

My 5 year old daughter has just got her own DS (at last she no longer has to borrow Dads!).

Anyway, one of her favourite games I catch her playing often is Mario Party DS and I thought it would be cool for her older brother (6 years old) and me to play a game together.

All 3 DSs are using DSTT cards and all 3 have Mario Party on the card.

However, when you try and link a game together it doesn't work and, from what I understand from a few forum posts I've come over, is that Mario Party only works in multiplayer using download play rather than you all having it on your DS.

Ok, fair enough BUT, am I missing something or is the only way to access download play on the 2nd and 3rd DS's to remove the DSTT, boot into the Nintendo menu and select DS Download play from there? Is there no way of getting the DS in download play mode from the DSTT without removing the card?

You may think why is this a problem? Well it isn't for me but I've taught my little guys not to mess with the card and I don't really want them ejecting it out of their DSs. I can guarantee if they figure out how to do it, and they're smart enough to learn if they want to play each other at Mario Party that they have to eject it, but then they'll get distracted and no doubt misplace the ejected DSTT card.

Anyway... I've probably babbled on too much about what is a simple question.

Now can someone tell if there is a simple solution?

Thanks

lsp_kill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try Yasu's back2fw to jump back to the DS firmware.
Didn't try it myself because I'm using YSMenu and it has a integrated back2fw (but should work the same).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1