1. Jalkhov

OP Jalkhov Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Good morning prestigious community, today I present a problem with TWiLightMenu specifically with nds-bootstrap 0.28.1. The game that I try to run is the named above, my console is a DSi XL Mario Bros 25th Anniversary, with firmware 1.4.
    I installed the files, and I execute the program from the camera, and it shows me correctly the ROM in the list, when I execute it it shows me a screen with the following:

Creating RAM dump file.
    Please wait...

After it finishes it shows a white screen with the nds-bootstrap logo saying: Please wait... But after a moment it shows "An error has occurred" and there it stays, I am very new with that program, I have not found good tutorials, and those of DSi are scarce, there are more than enough of those of 3DS, I have seen things on something called CFW but no idea of how to implement it.

ROM Details
    Name: Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
    MD5 Checksum: ce8d3cbcb07d95e4f613b879dd45297e
    Size: 131.072 MB

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Not really sure about your issue but for future reference you should ask any question about twighlight menu in its official thread
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

Or for bootstrap issues post here
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/

That way the dev of the twilight/bootstrap Robz8 will see your issue and be able to help. Plus you can check the previous posts there and see if anyone else has been having the same issue ect ect.

KleinesSinchen likes this.
  3. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Do yourself a favor and install the custom firmware (CFW) with this excellent guide:

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

I can confirm the game starts and lets me create a save file (not being able to select a file is the first of the anti-piracy measures of this specific game). Seems this is okay now since the AP patches that come with TWiLight Menu++ include one for CLJP (which is the title ID of this game). The European version had been a problem in the past when manual patching was still needed…

Read the first post of the official TWiLight Menu++ thread. There is your answer:
    I got a different MD5 for my ROM dumped from official cart. That does not automatically mean your ROM is bad. If you still have issues with the game after installing CFW consider trying another dump.

4. Jalkhov

OP Jalkhov Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    So, only by running TWiLight Menu++ from the camera application I can't play NDS ROMS? Do I need to install HiyaCFW and/or Unlaunch? It has to be true, I've tried GBA games and most of them work fine.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  5. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    EDIT: Sorry,I need too long to write....

Hello.:)

Do I understand you correct:

You launch TWiLight from the Camera Application with the Memory Pit Exploit ?
    I am not sure,that the Game works with this Method.:(

You will need to Boot TWiLight Menu from the SD Card.

Here you will find a very good Guide and Manuals how to Mod your DSi and use CFW/TWiLight and so on:

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Thank you.:)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    banjo2 likes this.
  6. Jalkhov

OP Jalkhov Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    I see, I'll try that guide, it looks very complete. Another question, can anyone tell me their experience with a 4GB sd? That's the one I have, let's see if it's worth trying or I'm looking for a 2GB.

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Thank you.:)

Both are fine and ok for the Mod.
    You can (and maybe should) change to an bigger one after the Modding (because of Games/Emulators maybe...).

Thank you and
    Good Luck.:)

8. Jalkhov

OP Jalkhov Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    I have followed the guide to the letter and everything has turned out wonderfully, the game runs perfectly, thank you! :toot: The subject can be closed.

maorninja, banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - occurred, Inside, Bowser