Mario & Luigi 3

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kahsajara, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2009

Mario & Luigi 3 by kahsajara at 12:22 PM (1,303 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kahsajara
    OP

Newcomer kahsajara Member

Australia
    Anyone know of a fix for the edge card? it freezes for me right as you go to pick the file to start your adventure.
    Thanx in advance

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Try reading one of the other 5 posts about M&L on EDGE cards

3. kahsajara
    OP

Australia
    Thanx, i found 1
    I presumed it would of been on the 1st page.

couldn't find the other 4 tho, my guess is they are subjects of exaggeration.

4. Vivicus

Newcomer Vivicus Newbie

United States
    There are a few posts on it, yeah. However, no one really gets to the core issue- the supplied AR code is amazingly shoddy, and freezing becomes VERY commonplace as you progress in the game.

I've emailed the EDGE team, they've known about the issue since M&L was released, but haven't released a fix. One assumes they're waiting for a series of games to not work before they release new firmware, as they have in the past.

Though, there are rumors going around that the factory that produced EDGE cards has shut down and that the EDGE development team is essentially non-existant now. Time will tell on that one.

What would be amazing in the mean-time though, is if someone either A.) refined the AR code, or B.) came out with a cart-specific patch. Unfortunately I fail pretty hard at the skills required for either, so I wait (Somewhat) patiently. I guess if I REALLY wanted to play it I'd just get a hold of a Cyclo or an Acekard 2i.

5. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    You can wait for a bit at least you're getting the game for free

6. Vivicus

Newcomer Vivicus Newbie

United States
    Oh, definitely. And I don't think anyone really is disputing that. The root of the issue is that a fix has been out for most every other major card for weeks now, and people get antsy.

7. kahsajara
    OP

Australia
    I dont know what this supplied AR code is, when i enable cheats a cheat menu doesn't even come up for M&L 3

8. ewo2

Newcomer ewo2 Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I should have done a bit more research before I picked up the edge a few weeks ago. I'm sure somebody somewhere is working on a fix for the EDGE, but it's obviously not a top priority.

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Lots of other threads [​IMG] with the same subject..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.