Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
Ugothacked said:
You can alter any of them values without affecting how they fit , yes, the Ys but not the others, if done so it will mess it all up, Right?
Actualy the only key thing you must do is make sure they're all the same. The auto detect sets them to the size of the original course, so that they're of a reasonable size, but as long as you import them all with the exact same settings, no matter what they are, it will work fine.

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, can anyone tell me how to make slopes? I decided to start making courses, and that help would be awesome. Thanks in advance you guys.

If you guys need my opinion on the tracks, well I have to admit I'm no big fan of the flat courses thing, but I admire all the work you guys have done, and hope you are on to greater things.

~BulletBillTime

EDIT: Also, how wide should I make my pathways at minimum, so no one falls off?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BulletBillTime said:
Hey, can anyone tell me how to make slopes? I decided to start making courses, and that help would be awesome. Thanks in advance you guys.

If you guys need my opinion on the tracks, well I have to admit I'm no big fan of the flat courses thing, but I admire all the work you guys have done, and hope you are on to greater things.

~BulletBillTime
If I remember correctly, if you make part of the track a darker shade (while creating it in paint or whatever) than it will be lower down, so you can use this to make slopes (make the track start with a dark shade and gradually get lighter, or vice versa)

Hopefully this helps, thats how I did it when I was making tracks, unless you make your tracks in a completely different way, in which case this will probably make no sense to you at all

By the way, this was answered already a few posts up

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I've been seeing a lot of "custom battle courses WOULD be great." I'm guessing Custom battle courses are. . not possible? My girlfriend and I ONLY play Battle Mode together, and like, the only decent course in our opinions is SNES Battle Course 4 and GBA Battle Course 3. . .

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
Actually there is now a far easier method than the tutorial for making custom tracks. If you can make a .obj model file then it can now be imported using file>import in the model editor, which should make much better tracks.

khacker35000vr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chadderz said:
Actually there is now a far easier method than the tutorial for making custom tracks. If you can make a .obj model file then it can now be imported using file>import in the model editor, which should make much better tracks.

After my next course I'm supposted to do that but I've no idea how to make a obj file that doesn't give an overload error in szs modifier
It seems I don't know anything about obj files
hate2.gif

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I've done a few searches but not found an answer to this.
Really interested to try this but just wondered...

Will playing against friends only over wifi using a modified iso with custom tracks get you 20102 banned by Nintendo for 'cheating'?

Thanks for any advice.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any recommendation for the best 32 custom tracks?
If yes: Is there 1 download archive file with all needed files for the recommendation incl. menu track names?

I want an easy replacement on file level with the modified files:[*] extract the original MKW (PAL)[*] unzip/unrar the download archive to overwrite the extracted files[*] compose a new Wii disc image (and copy it directly to my WBFS drive)These steps needs only

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did somebody yet make an battle arena?
I'm still busy with it, it does work but all the players are not in the arena but just in the air, but i did see my custom arena so i think its possible.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh! Question!:

Does this application have any System requirements?

The reason I ask is because whilst trying to "create a model" via the course track view panel, not only does it take incredibly long, but it also never finishes.
Up until a certain point, you can see the loading bar slowly make it's way forth, but about half way, it starts to get a little glitchy, and the shimmer animation (Vista and 7) statrts to stammer. i can fix this by holding down on the window header, and so long as i keep my finger down, it'll keep up the speed. (I guess the window assumes priority when I do this??) However, I just use a little duct tape.
then , at about 90 or so percent, it'll stop moving all together. The animation will continue (if yer finger is down, otherwise, it's locked up good, and trying to click at this point will bring about a Not Responding dilema), but no prograss will be made, for hours, even.

You may think that my file's just too big, and so did I, so I tried something much simpler, and much smaller. (My original attempt was a rounded edge, white-to-grey grandient part of a course. The part itself was about 50 x 50, but the entire PNG came out at about 250 x 250.) The new model I tried to make was a 50 x 50 PNG file that consisted of no more than a white square. Although it took much less time to load, it would still lock up at 90%

So why do I ask if it's a System issue? According to the gadget on my desktop, 100% of my CPU speed is being used (and that's when SZS is the only thing running!(More specifically, making new models))

Despite my efforts, I can't seem to make this work...

Any tips?

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate, 1.8GHz AMD Athlon single core proccessor, 2GB DDR2 RAM (comes in at about 26% when SZS is creating new model)
My PNGs are typically made with a trial edition of Photoshop CS5, but in an attempt to make things work, I also tested PNGs from Paint...no go.

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Latest iPhone dirt is some people are experiencing the alarms not going off lol