wizzard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys
I am new to the forum and i have a problem. I am not sure if this situation has been said but i couldnt find anything in the search function. I have a US version with wiikey and tried to install MarioKart PAL version and like a moron i took the update. Now i can not go into my settings, i have double weather and news channels but my games are still working. I tried to install SSBB (super smash bros brawl) and now the wii doesnt even detect the cd inside the wii. I was hoping it would ask me for an update but it doesnt even detect the cd. Wii sports or wiiplay has no problem detecting it. I heard MK has the version 3.2 firmware on it so what do i need to do to fix this semi-bricked mess? I also heard wii channel remover could fix it?
Thanks for all the help.
Wiz

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you still access settings? If yes, you are not semi-bricked.

SSBB is a very picky game - I've found the drive you burn it with makes a big difference for compatibility. I've found the Pioneer 112/212/115/215 do a good job.

Duplicate channels aren't a problem, just drag them out of the way.

opiv22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got rid of the dupe channels but still can't access settings after doing the PAL update on NTSC-U system. From looking around it appears that the problem should fix itself once I've got the NTSC-U version and install the updates. I know it's been a problem since Mario Strikers and I think it was resolved. Anyhow, any input or reassurance is good, so if anybody has experienced first hand or has more knowledge on the issue, post it up
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82102
-edit, added link...guess I'll have to wait it out worst case, as long as it'll be fixed at some point I can deal although I might have to miss out on some wiiware launchage.

the dupe channels can be removed and ya. Guess I've got my questions answered, hope it helps 8D

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
opiv22 said:
I got rid of the dupe channels but still can't access settings after doing the PAL update on NTSC-U system. From looking around it appears that the problem should fix itself once I've got the NTSC-U version and install the updates. I know it's been a problem since Mario Strikers and I think it was resolved. Anyhow, any input or reassurance is good, so if anybody has experienced first hand or has more knowledge on the issue, post it up
smile.gif
you will have to wait for a new update on a disc, i.e. a new big big nintendo title. The NTSC version probably has the same number update, so it will not install it.

wizzard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i can not access the settings option. I also have the duplicate channels.
The ssbb game is an original i rented to try it out. For some reason my WII is not detecting the game but my other originals (wiisports or wiiplay or even copied ones) are working fine. If i wait for MKWII version US, can this fix it or i need to wait for a bigger firmware version? If i use channel remover v2, would this help me?
Thanks guys.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wizzard said:
No, i can not access the settings option. I also have the duplicate channels.
The ssbb game is an original i rented to try it out. For some reason my WII is not detecting the game but my other originals (wiisports or wiiplay or even copied ones) are working fine. If i wait for MKWII version US, can this fix it or i need to wait for a bigger firmware version? If i use channel remover v2, would this help me?
Thanks guys.
read my post?

wizzard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Manias
I read your post i was just repeating it to SenorClean.
I understand i need to wait...so let the wait begin...
Maybe next time, i will come to this forum and read about it before going and doing a noob job
smile.gif

thanks for the info

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wizzard said:
Hi Manias
I read your post i was just repeating it to SenorClean.
I understand i need to wait...so let the wait begin...
Maybe next time, i will come to this forum and read about it before going and doing a noob job
smile.gif

thanks for the info
oohh okay
smile.gif
well good luck!! hope a game comes out for you soon
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ