Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The original title is "Fucking Blue Shells"
I'd swear at snakers. Sometimes I get a free win by just throwing my DS on the bed and web surfing for 10 minutes when I meet snaker(s)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'd swear at snakers. Sometimes I get a free win by just throwing my DS on the bed and web surfing for 10 minutes when I meet snaker(s)

because of the snaking problem i don't play online at all, mario kart for wii will be ruined by snakers aswell which is a shame.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rather than disable power slide, they should put in some kind of "cool down"...where maybe you can only use power slide every 5 seconds?

But seriously, power slide is part of the game, and if you are skilled enough to be able to snake, then have at it
smile.gif
I'm sure its not someone Nintendo overlooked, and they allowed it to stay within the content of their game for a reason.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

because of the snaking problem i don't play online at all, mario kart for wii will be ruined by snakers aswell which is a shame.

I agree, and it's also why I stopped doing the DS version online too. I figured out how to do it and well early when the game was out just to make sure I could. When it came to playing on or offline I refused to use it as i'd rather win the race fairly with driving skill and items.

As far as the Wii version having it, I can't guarantee you it as I'm not coding it, but after Miyamoto's comments directly about snaking on the DS title I'd say it's a sure bet short of it being unavoidable. He when asked said it wasn't intended by design, it was overlooked, it's not in the spirit of the game, and he didn't like it. Basically he considers it cheating and ruining the spirit of the game...and if the designer is po'd about the overlooking on that unless he's made to have it in there or it's unavoidable (which I doubt as all the others didn't have it) that'll get removed.

With it out, I'm damn well going online again with Mario Kart on Wii as nothing kicks more ass than a fully fair and well balanced matchup of Mario Kart as anything goes, and anything that can happen will all depending on where your cart is and what's hiding in your box.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
^^ i agree with everything you said, i wish Miyamoto completely removes it totally then everyone can play fair, i tried to learn "snaking" myself so i can keep up with them but i am unable to do it properly without staying on the track lol i am good at using it on corners like drifting but apart from that i don't use it at all unless i am playing time trials by myself offline.

also it's gonna be much more easier to do snaking on the Wii i presume due to the fact that the controls are motion sensitive and more accurate on top of that there is a steering wheel aswell so that's paradise for snakers once they find out how to do it on the Wii version.

Elaborate, please.

I've never heard about them. (Not that I've played Tetris DS online either
tongue.gif
)

the cheaters always have straight line pieces and always get tetris all the time.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of tetris are we talking about cheating in? I've never heard of an all 4 liner cheat to get tetris whenever you want. Now I am familiar with the bug in the GBC one where you could just roll pieces up the wall so you could buy infinite time to think where to place, and I've heard of other ones where you can roll things around the bottom too, but never basically calling the piece you want when you need it.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In any online game, its going to get competative. Like it or hate it, its going to happen. using mini turbos make you go fast, using more mini turbos make you go faster. Its that simple. In a race, you want to win, you want to be the best there is. your going to do anything in your power to cross that damn line before your opponent. You'd be a fool not to realise that you get more speed from MT's, thus using them whenever and wherever possible.
MK wii is definatly going to have snaking... Though, if its affective or not is a differnt storey. Every single MK game in excistence has a "snaking", but only in MKDD and MKDS it is affective. In MK64, snaking only slows you down, because your constantly turning. In that game, you need to drive straight, right after you release the MT. Turning imediatly slows you down.

If you sissys want your mk slow and boring, use FC's. Wifi is allways going to have people you cant beat, dont use a crap excuse of "their cheating". Tetirs hackers, they are doing somthing that you cant, and was not programmed into the game, thats cheating. Anyone can snake, whether your for or against it, its not cheating.

Snaker haters are scum
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Snaker haters are scum
smile.gif

no you are scum as you make the game difficult for anyone else to enjoy, that's selfish on your part, why should someone who paid £30 and play online never be able to get a chance at winning because you keep "exploiting" the games mechanics, it's just the same as cheating as you can never win, the snaker will always win, you say the game is slow without snaking well the gba and snes version never had snaking and they were fun!

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For me MarioKart is a game that you can pick up and play with anyone, and still have a chance to win.

Of course my girlfriend who doesn't play videogames has trouble beating me when we play, but it can happen and that's what's so fun about this game!!!
smile.gif

Of course that can only happen if I don't do any drifting boost, let alone snaking!

It's racing, yet with all the weapons there is, you still get a chance to win even if you're the last one!! That's Mario Kart for me, and has been since I play it with my brother on the SuperNes.

I think people at Ninty think the same since they said it during their conference "where a rookie player can race against anyone and still have fun/win" (or something like that)...

I don't think they will keep snaking in the next Mario Kart, and if they do... well too bad for me I'll have to wait for my friends to connect instead of being able to race anyone anytime.

Mario Kart is a FUN game, there are too many racing games around for people who like technical gameplay... And Nintendo likes to be original
smile.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cheaters always have straight line pieces and always get tetris all the time.

Piece holding, yo.

I've been accused of cheating countless times in various iterations of online tetris over the past 10 years or so. I play fast and smart, and that's all.

And I'm sick of people bitching about snaking being in the Wii version of Mario Kart without offering some sort of way of fixing the problem. "Take it out" don't cut it. So far I've seen one valid suggestion on this thread where somebody thought that maybe a cooldown time of 5 seconds might fix the problem. I don't think that would work, but at least it's an alternative.

How about making certain parts of the track (curves and such) a certain texture like gravel or something and have those be the only areas that players can powerslide on? If you try to powerslide on the pavement in the straightaways then you just spin out?

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well powerslide and snaking are two different things!

Snaking is abusing powerslide; so I think what everyone means when they say to take away the snaking is make it like the 64 version there was powerslide but snaking just slowed you down (I think? never tried it on the N64 :| )

[Edit: Confirmation!
MADKATZ99 said:
In MK64, snaking only slows you down, because your constantly turning. In that game, you need to drive straight, right after you release the MT. Turning imediatly slows you down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up