Gaming Mario Kart profanity

=]=

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Problem with people who use snaking technique instantly disconnect as soon as they see that they are losing. I do NOT snake but with enough luck with right items, you can take them out but then they disconnect because they do not want loss on their record.

BTW, they will keep playing you for as long as they keeping winning.

May be ninty should update the server so whoever disconnects would still count as a loser, 1 loss added to their record.
Heh. You know. disconnectors are on both sides. And if you beat snakers with items they truly sucked at it, and are most definetly sore losers who in reality hates snaking just as much as you do. Believe it or not, but non-snakers disconnects on non-snakers too (NO WAII!!!!
ohmy.gif
:O:O). I don't know if you've tried mario strikers charged for example, but there's many people who instantly disconnects in that game as soon as they're behind with 2 goals or more.
Disconnecting has nothing to do with snaking or people racing for wins. Indirectly racing for wins yes, because of the competetion and the competetion comes from both players aiming for the win. It would be weird if people suddenly aimed to loose. But they would not ruin the fun factor and do everything in their might to win. The games can easily have been fun even though you didn't reach the finish line first and you did race for it, the game excitement was still there.
For example many snakers owns action replays which they use to make live replays of their time trial records. However you barely ever see any of them use them to do the 300cc codes. They created the 300cc codes for fun offline and friend code games, but they are not the people who use them for wins. Ironically enough that code is actually often used by non-snakers to get revenge on the snakers.

Edit: Btw, vampire hunter: It's nice to for once to see a non-snaker that says that instead of being stubborn and just go back to the plain "snaking is cheating and the root of all evil period". Nintendo messed up that is really all there is to it. Snakers are normal people like non-snakers. They just take the game a little more serious and up to a higher level. Practice it like it was a sport. If it wasn't snaking it would be something else like sandbagging that some people would have had a problem with other people using. This can be proved by looking at all other online games. The competetive gamers always find their ways, and the true solution isn't just to remove one way or completely ban them.
Those who does like non-snaking so much though should perhaps take a look at diddy kong racing. That is one of the most simple online games i've ever tried and there's not any special techs that takes long to learn. The only one i can really think of is releasing A before hitting the turbo pad which isn't exactly challenging.
smile.gif

nothing4me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just play MKDS in Battle Mode.
I set it to random, unlim wins + rounds, sometime teams, Mirror Mode, hard CPU and just go...
smile.gif

I think it's better than playing online because you don't have to wait for people to connect... >.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=]= Thanks for the nod there. I try my best not to bitch and whine over it primarily because it's not my fault for intentionally not wanting to use the exploit (when I was good at it a year ago...haven't played in ages.) The fault is Nintendo and them alone. Any dumbfuck should know that if people can find a way to hack, cheat, use a special exploit/technique to shaft over another so they can rack up another kill/win...they'll damn well do it. People just are that way, you can't avoid it. Nintendo though should have seen it and created a waiting room for people to get together like Metroid's VoiP waiting bin and let people pick their races. At the very least to keep it kiddie rapist free should have when they do those updates allowed for a choice of 'non-this n' that' race and 'other kind of race' as that would have filtered it out. They already have strong detecting software in key that works for 'rivals' mode fairly well to get you a challenge, so I don't think having a sniffer out there to note who snakes, uses AR hacks, etc would be that hard to clump them together so they can go at it. The backbone is there, it just needed to be done and it wasn't, and that's why I stay off MKDS's online mode as it just never was much fun for me at all except for the more less common race here n' there, and even in those I didn't give a shit if I came in last if everyone played the same skill level, or lack or desire for snaking ability. A more level playing field was really what is needed, not a beating and stoning of those who snake and so on.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And results won't change. Thousands of people, including me don't want to play the game on Wi-Fi just because of snakers and exploiters. Nintendo is losing players. Besides =]= didn't reply to my other post. The game "is" unbalanced. There isn't any counter strategy agains snakers. And unfortuantely, people's last resort Blue-Shells don't work on them either. The only way to beat a snaker is to snake. And I think this is a serious problem.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I don't think anyone directly is arguing that fact that there is no fight against it aside from snaking too, but I do think your attitude problem is what's causing them to rip into your ass each time you post.

Yes it's a problem. Yes it is known. Yes Nintendo fucked up not having a way to do snake or non-snake battles by having a lobby or even an on/off switch of sorts. Chill...seriously.

I don't play online over the matter either, but at this rate it's been so long since I touched the game I don't even much care anymore. I got into it over the worry that the Wii title will be hosed too as I'd like to run online, but only if it has the options if snaking is still in there to setup online battles where you can have standard play, and snake play.

Deleted member 49417

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Snaking is ok...sometimes you meet them, sometimes you don't
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't
Sometimes its fun, sometimes its not...snakers just wanna push the game to extreme limits.

BUT HACKERS WHO TELEPORT AND FLY AND EVEN KEEP GETTING BLUE SHELLS...NO!
mad.gif
hate2.gif
lecture.gif

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude I don't think anyone directly is arguing that fact that there is no fight against it aside from snaking too, but I do think your attitude problem is what's causing them to rip into your ass each time you post.

Yes it's a problem.  Yes it is known.  Yes Nintendo fucked up not having a way to do snake or non-snake battles by having a lobby or even an on/off switch of sorts.  Chill...seriously.

I don't play online over the matter either, but at this rate it's been so long since I touched the game I don't even much care anymore.  I got into it over the worry that the Wii title will be hosed too as I'd like to run online, but only if it has the options if snaking is still in there to setup online battles where you can have standard play, and snake play.
Because none of them accepts it, none of them tells that it is indeed and exploit in the game and they're using that. They never accept that it is unfair. And yes, that's because I have the attitude. Attitude vs attitude. If one snaker comes up and admits this, I'll be happy and won't complain.

I know it's selfish, but that's the truth. The game is pretty much unplayable online thanks to them.. And it was actually one of the best Wi-Fi games Nintendo ever made unfortunately. But, oh well.. Maybe you can cope with it but I can't.. I'm sorry..

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I can agree on that matter, but I just don't see the point in fighting it to an extreme as the arrogance of either side won't admit to the other. Yes both sides are wrong, and are also slightly right, but in the end the larger third side 'Nintendo' are damn wrong and should have seen it coming and designed a lobby or on/off switch for that thing accordingly so everyone could enjoy playing MKDS wifi.

And no I don't cope with it if you read my posts, I quit playing over it like 9months ago. I got pissed off, fed up, and refused to do it. Offline I figured out how to do the tactic then (I know I couldn't do it after this long) and even used it in a race here or there online to prove it was a shitty easy win tactic which is why *I* chose never to use it. When I saw it being used in nearly every race I moved over to 'rivals' then saw that plus those other 'hacks' people bitch about begin and I quit playing the game on and offline entirely.

That again, is why I spouted off in the thread because I dread Nintendo being stupid about it with the Wii title and not setting some start up features and/or lobby so people can setup enjoyable games for everyone.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been stated yet, but there is a simple solution to the snaking problem. Add two options for wifi: games with mini turbos, and games without. I hope they do this in Mario Kart for the Wii.

Also, I am a snaker. But I do have the decency to not snake if the other racers are not. But as soon as another racer starts to snake, I beat their ass. (In most cases
wink.gif
)

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I think Nintendo should have worked more on the online initiatives a lot more, both on DS and Wii. Because having random matches is just plain stupid. You don't even know who you're going to play with. And those 12 to 16 digits of friend codes?I mean come on, do they think gamers really want to memorize all those codes?

Reggie promised that, in the new MK game, even a novice player is going to be bumper to bumper with a veretan player. He better be right about this.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey is it actually possible to cheat online in MKDS? (i'm a new player)

no tincluding hacked courses.

Cuz i know there is cheaters in some other games (GRRRR!)

edit: btw i dont mean cheat as in snaking.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes apparently there are a few different ones, but primarily it seems to come from using an AR (Action Replay) device. From what I've read on it, someone using that basically means you're finished unless they're totally clueless on what they're doing. Just go do a google search on it as there's a few dirty tricks I caught doing a bit of research due to this post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: