Mario Kart Hot Wheels toys to release next year

QBrKwr3.png

Car-based games are no stranger to Hot Wheels tie-in promotions; Rocket League and Forza Horizon both have DLC involving toymaker Mattel's popular toy cars. However, a new merchandising partnership will be bringing Hot Wheels into gamer's living rooms in a different way. Nintendo and Mattel will be releasing a special line of Hot Wheels that feature the cast from Mario Kart. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and more will be represented in their default karts from the game, and there will even be Hot Wheels tracks based on Mario Kart courses, as well. These little toys will be available on store shelves in June 2019, with the tracks coming out later.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Car-based games are no stranger to Hot Wheels tie-in promotions; Rocket League and Forza Horizon both have DLC involving toymaker Mattel's popular toy cars. However, a new merchandising partnership will be bringing Hot Wheels into gamer's living rooms in a different way. Nintendo and Mattel will be releasing a special line of Hot Wheels that feature the cast from Mario Kart. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and more will be represented in their default karts from the game, and there will even be Hot Wheels tracks based on Mario Kart courses, as well. These little toys will be available on store shelves in June 2019, with the tracks coming out later.
Mario Kart 9 confirmed?

Edit: I will probably buy the bowser one, as long as its metal, and I dont have to wait 5 hours outside of a store to get it.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Brigand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*Confession time* I secretly love Hot Wheels and have loved them since I was in High school when I used to play with them with my nephew. Since then, I've actually collected them, and already have one of the Mario ones from a few years back, which had Donkey Kong on it. These are a no-brainer for me, but I'm guessing now they'll be around 10 bucks, which is kinda steep for a toy car, even if I am a collector, so I guess I'll be grabbing whichever one looks the coolest, which is probably either Yoshi or Toad. Where are Waluigi and DK though?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be cool, but the fact that you can’t switch out the characters or tires, or attach a glider, is kind of a turn-down. The last two, would be harder, but come on, please make interchangeable characters - that’s practically the whole point of the game!

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This could be cool, but the fact that you can’t switch out the characters or tires, or attach a glider, is kind of a turn-down. The last two, would be harder, but come on, please make interchangeable characters - that’s practically the whole point of the game!
Cut the characters out of the cars, then glue them into other cars
Simple :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Whew, June 2019 release date. Why would they even bother announcing these this far in advance?

I might pick some of these up though, they look pretty nice. Just hope Mattel is handling production, so they'll actually manufacture more than 5 like Nintendo does for their merchandise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: On a phone of course