Mario Kart DS Tournament Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Foie
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 7,217
  • Replies Replies 86
SUBSRIBED!!
yaynds.gif
 
I am actually leaning on making the matches different. There will be 3 racers, and one referee. The referee will just sit there and make sure everything goes smooth, as well as take the results at the end. The winner of the match will be the only one to advance. If there is a two-way tie, then they will both advance. If there is a three-way (which I'm not sure is even possible) then the match will be re-played.

How does this sound?

Oh, and for IRC it will probably be in #MKDS_Tournament on EFnet


EDIT:

Actually, this method seems too complicated. I am probably going to go with the previous point method.
So what is the official method then? How are you gonna choose the referee?

I'm ok with no hack or cheat (never used it), but how are you gonna see if someone is cheating or not?

Since there are participants from all around the world, what time are we gonna meet in IRC?
Isn't it better to start the first two rounds by regrouping people from the same continent? It would be easier to set the time of the match.

anyway, thanks for doing this. That's a great idea! can't wait to participate.
smile.gif
 
I am actually leaning on making the matches different. There will be 3 racers, and one referee. The referee will just sit there and make sure everything goes smooth, as well as take the results at the end. The winner of the match will be the only one to advance. If there is a two-way tie, then they will both advance. If there is a three-way (which I'm not sure is even possible) then the match will be re-played.

How does this sound?

Oh, and for IRC it will probably be in #MKDS_Tournament on EFnet


EDIT:

Actually, this method seems too complicated. I am probably going to go with the previous point method.

So what is the official method then? How are you gonna choose the referee?

I'm ok with no hack or cheat (never used it), but how are you gonna see if someone is cheating or not?

Since there are participants from all around the world, what time are we gonna meet in IRC?
Isn't it better to start the first two rounds by regrouping people from the same continent? It would be easier to set the time of the match.

anyway, thanks for doing this. That's a great idea! can't wait to participate.
smile.gif

There will be no referee. The person in either 3rd or 4th place will post the results in a topic. If they are lying, then the other participants will point it out. I have decided that it will go quicker and easier this way.

As far as I know, there is no cheating on WiFi. If there is, it will likely be something like unlimited blue shells/bullet bills or something. It will be very easy to tell if the person is cheating or not. And once again, after the match, the cheater will get disqualified when the others tell on him in the topic, and the people in 2nd and 3rd place will advance.

To be completely honest, I am not 100% sure how this is going to work. I was thinking about making it on a self-organizing manner, where the participants will organize themselves into groups of four and play when they are available. If you fail to show up within the two day period to play, you will be disqualified. However, that idea would also work, but it makes it inconvenient for some of the participants. And with a tournament consisting of about 40 people, you want as many to participate as possible.


On another note, if anyone would be willing to organize the Wiki alphabetically, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted