Gaming Mario Kart 7 & Update

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can anyone tell me how i can play Mario Kart 7 without updating the 3DS Firmware? If this is not possible then can someone please enlighten me on what the update includes and what Firmware number will i be on?

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is impossible, and you will instantly go to 3.0.0.5 no matter what firmware you started at. update is basically eshop update and 3d videos.
complete list here:
  • Update to Nintendo 3DS Camera:
    • 3D Video Recording
    • 3D Stop Motion/Time Lapse
  • Update to StreetPass Mii Plaza:
    • Includes Find Mii II / Streetpass Quest II
    • New puzzle swap panels
    • Improves StreetPass function
  • Update to Nintendo eShop:
    • Ability to download demos
    • Ability to download in-game purchases
    • Ability to download downloadable content while in sleep mode
    • Ability to purchase add on downloadable content for games
    • New style
  • Nintendo 3DS software transfer
  • Improves system security
  • Improves QR Code function
  • Improves online play
  • Nintendo Zone
More Detail
- Streetpass Plaza can now use Spotpass
- meet new Miis through wi-fi, as opposed to passing them
- 7 new puzzles for Puzzle Swap
- puzzle is broken up into more pieces, 4 of which are only obtainable through Spotpass
- unlock Find Mii 2 by collecting all the hats from Find Mii 1
- New hats unlockable for your Mii in Find Mii 2
- Streetpass Plaza has a set of goals
- 78 total "Accomplishments"
- Accomplishments range from "Pass a certain number of people" to things like "Break a certain colored shield in Find Mii"
- Streetpass Plaza has a soundtest with 35 songs
- Streetpass Map: A map that gets colored in based on people you meet from different places
- ability to store your credit card information
- scan a QR code, the system can be made to jump to the product home page or e-Shop entry
- 3D video support allows you to change playback speed and audio tone, and also play backwards
- save individual frames

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the info, i thought the included update with Mario Kart 7 was different to the recent Wifi Update though? I was interpreting it as the updates that come on 3DS games are like incremental system updates kinda like you have with the Nintendo Wii whereby newer games carry small system updates. Can someone clear this up? The ideal solution is if the 3DS was hacked like the Wii, that way we could just boot into an app like Gecko and run the game from there, bypassing the update altogether.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt matter what updates came inbetween your current firmware and most recent. it puts em all on. no matter what. look here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread/

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt matter what updates came inbetween your current firmware and most recent. it puts em all on. no matter what. look here:
http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/

All i see from that thread is how u manually update your system from the System Settings, when i put mario kart 7 in it just comes up with

"A system update is required to use this software. Update Now? Cancel/OK."

message, so it doesn't even go into the System Settings.

May i ask do you have Mario Kart 7?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can anyone tell me how i can play Mario Kart 7 without updating the 3DS Firmware? If this is not possible then can someone please enlighten me on what the update includes and what Firmware number will i be on?
You can play without updating... if you're already on the latest firmware :P

EDIT: I believe it will update your system to 2.2.0-4.

A

alucard_xs

you are wrong dudes :
This game updated my 3DS in 2.2.0.4E, that's all.
But when I connect my console using wifi, it tells me an other update is available (probably the 3.x.X.x) but not need to play mario kart 7 (offline or online)

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are wrong dudes :
This game updated my 3DS in 2.2.0.4E, that's all.
But when I connect my console using wifi, it tells me an other update is available (probably the 3.x.X.x) but not need to play mario kart 7 (offline or online)

That's what I just said...

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing it up guys, i was pretty sure you didn't have to be on the latest firmware to run Mazza Kart. Might update to 2.2.0.4E then, not ideal but if we are waiting for the 3DS to be hacked, i dont think its happening anytime soon, tbh lol.
I'm just banking on being able to run the Crown3DS Flashcart on v2.2.0.4E if i update but unless we have some kind of time machine or crystal ball i guess we just dont know? Not bothered about using wifi update to go to v3 firmware at the moment, the people who have done this might regret it, i know current DS flashcarts get constant updates but you can't expect the first 3DS flashcart to be able to do this? although i'm hoping so like many others.

btw, i'm still on v1.1.0-0E firmware. its online but no eshop, no web browser, lol i feel like i am missing out on so much.
Not being funny but i might just try and find another 3DS on the cheap and use that to stay up to date, might be the safest option but is obviously a more expensive alternative.

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just banking on being able to run the Crown3DS Flashcart on v2.2.0.4E

I don't think anyone's even banking on the Crown3DS being legit!

Yeah, your probably right, but i am ever the optimist.
The firmware can sometimes be an issue though, just look at the problems with the PSP in the early days, if you weren't on 1.00 firmware then u couldn't run unsigned stuff, then they managed to get unsigned stuff running on 1.5 firmware, albeit you had to use 2 directories, but no higher, then slowly got 2.0 firmware working... etc.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
firmware v3 is already cracked for DS flash carts, don't see why it wouldn't be as easy to patch a 3DS one too, if such a thing existed. not convinced that it does :D

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firmware v3 is already cracked for DS flash carts, don't see why it wouldn't be as easy to patch a 3DS one too, if such a thing existed. not convinced that it does :D

It'll be MUCH more difficult to create a flashcart that can actually RUN 3DS roms...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1