Gaming Mario Kart 7 to come to eShop?

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was running my weekly scan of Nintendo's CDN (the server where Nintendo hosts eShop Titles), and the EUR version of Mario Kart 7's title ID was added, sometime between now and last thursday.

You might call me wrong, but if you look at the TMD, it says the title has a manual and DLP Child, just like Mario Kart 7. And the NCCH files on CDN are very close to the size of the NCCH files from the EUR version of the ROM:

Executable NCCH: CDN/ROM = 609/611mb
Manual NCCH: CDN/ROM = 2.69/2.52mb
Dlp Child Container NCCH: CDN/ROM = 26.5/26.5mb

You can download the tmd here.

UPDATE: The EUR version of Super Mario 3D Land is on the CDN aswell. I'm so excited :lol:

Super Mario 3D Land CDN/ROM NCCH file size comparision:

Executable NCCH: CDN/ROM = 289/288mb
Manual NCCH: CDN/ROM = 1.9/1.89mb

Download the TMD for SM3DL here

(i've added the links to the CDN data in this post if any one wants to download and compare the NCCH files (CXI/CFA) from the game ROMs for them selves)

Well with the same title ID and almost identical file sizes between CDN versions and ROM versions, I think there is a genuine chance that these two titles will make it to the eShop. Anyone Excited? I know I am.

Reactions: 2 people

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty awesome news. Any other title IDs added? Also, have any title IDs been added before for retail games?

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty awesome news. Any other title IDs added? Also, have any title IDs been added before for retail games?
Well yeah, but they don't correspond to any title IDs in currently dumped games. Nintendo usually adds new titles to the eShop every thursday.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just clicked one of the CDN thingies, and now I'm downloading a 609mb file. Is that Mario Kart 7? Or what you think is Mario Kart 7?

taydor_b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo would sell more copies this way. Some people just really dislike going to stores and buying video games, especially for a system that is considered to be "kiddy." I'm almost 24 and I felt a little awkward buying three 3DS games in a store the other day. I would really like if Nintendo would put more games up if they would cut the price a tad since consumers will not have a physical copy of the game, manual, and case.

Reactions: 1 person

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
i dont think it will happen but i am sure only v2.0 will come or something ..which removes more glitches like before and also maybe add some features or something but it would be great if they add more cups (not possible)

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just clicked one of the CDN thingies, and now I'm downloading a 609mb file. Is that Mario Kart 7? Or what you think is Mario Kart 7?
That's the Mario Kart 7 CDN enecrypted NCCH data. I just added the links for reference, in case anyone wanted to compare sizes for them selves. There is no point in downloading it for any other reason as *you* can decrypt it.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would make perfect sence to me if Nintendo was serious about going digital that it would add more/older content to the e-shop. I just hope some other content besides only Nintendo published games come to the service too

D

Deleted_171835

would make perfect sence to me if Nintendo was serious about going digital that it would add more/older content to the e-shop. I just hope some other content besides only Nintendo published games come to the service too
Well Layton: Miracle Mask is coming to the eShop so I guess we will see some other third-party games.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Layton: Miracle Mask is coming to the eShop so I guess we will see some other third-party games.

I know Level 5 make the Layton games but doesn't Nintendo actually publish them outside of Japan?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope owner of the retail card itself will be able to download it,

Pip'

Why would they do that??
I mean paying for a game that u own is stupid.
It's amazing how thick some people are that you have to explain why.

Obviously the person wants to download it for free if they have already bought the cartridge, if they wanted to pay for it they wouldn't have asked the question in the first place!

It would be nice to always have it on your 3DS rather than carry around various cartridges around and also to not to keep swapping cartridges. I think in this modern day and age gamers should be allowed to copy a title to their console or at least in this case download something.

I suppose piracy is an issue to why you can't, kids could just share cartridges to get their own digital copy but I can't see how Nintendo couldn't have something on the cartridges that would deter that. Like I dunno, it sends it to the 3DS and then the 3DS talks back to lock the cartridge to that particular device. Of course that would make the games less attractive for used sales (a plus for Nintendo) however if a gamer buys another 3DS he can't use that copy on it.

Reactions: 2 people

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if they added some code to the SRAM on the cartridge that gives an error if it's used on a different 3DS. But not everyone haves a save dongle to restore the save data to factory default or they could just lock the cart to the 3DS system it was used on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-