Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can understand how everyone knows how to use the glitch, it's fair. But what if you just want to race the full track for the experience? Skipping half of the track means missing out on half a track's worth of fun.

Compare it to an fps where everyone can shoot, look and walk through walls and obstacles. Just because everyone can do it and it's 'fair', doesn't mean it's just as much fun as playing it 'normally'.
Now if you and some friends are in a game and decided to not use this mode. Then some online people come in and use the wall hax, forcing you to join them if you want any chance. Where's the fun in that?

The way I see it, glitches like these are fun and all in time trial modes, just keep it out of online multiplayer, or play it with people who agree to play it that way.

Oh well, haters gonna hate, I guess

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand how everyone knows how to use the glitch, it's fair. But what if you just want to race the full track for the experience? Skipping half of the track means missing out on half a track's worth of fun.

Compare it to an fps where everyone can shoot, look and walk through walls and obstacles. Just because everyone can do it and it's 'fair', doesn't mean it's just as much fun as playing it 'normally'.
Now if you and some friends are in a game and decided to not use this mode. Then some online people come in and use the wall hax, forcing you to join them if you want any chance. Where's the fun in that?

The way I see it, glitches like these are fun and all in time trial modes, just keep it out of online multiplayer, or play it with people who agree to play it that way.

^^^^Gets it

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

^^^^Gets it

I don't think he gets it at all.

Being able to shoot through/look through/walk through all walls in a first person shooter game is not even closely comparable! You could use that as an example if say, you could drive through every barrier with impunity in Mario Kart.

...but obviously, that glitch has not (yet) presented itself.

The best you could do is compare it to another racer that shares a similar glitch (like the N64 version of Mario Kart, in Rainbow Road (able to skip half a lap) or even DK'S Jungle Parkway where you can skip an entire lap.).

Performing those glitches is not easy -- if you miss them, they negatively affect your time, your place in the race, and ultimately you might lose attempting them.

If you want to race the track normally, go for it! If you want to race against people who agree not to attempt the glitch, go for that too! If that's what you find fun, I'm sure other people might find it fun as well.

I still maintain you're playing the wrong game if you're trying to play it for fun, and some ideal of what you think is fair compared to what is actually fair.

Remember all the whining about "snaking" in Mario Kart DS, and how it was ruining online? Sure, it sucks when you encounter someone better skilled than you -- but you're supposed to better your skills, not whinge and whine about it like it's destroying the game. You might as well cry about all the bunny hoppers in Unreal Tournament, because you can't bunny hop effectively.

The online component of a game ebbs and flows with the skill levels of the players in it. If the majority of the players know glitches and shortcuts and techniques that make them better, you either have to learn them and join in, set up multiplayer with gentleman's agreements, or just drop into single player where no AI player ever attempts a glitch.

To say that it ruins the fun...you're not playing a game that's meant to be sunshine-and-rainbows-everyone-is-having-a-great-fair-time fun when you go online.

You're playing to WIN.

Reactions: 2 people

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I think Mario Kart 7 is way less frustrating than Mario Kart Wii.

12 players in a race was a mess, in my opinion.

I really liked 12 players, I got frustrated with that. Few drivers and karts that do not change colours was a bit disapointing too, but the itens get an advance since wii version in my oppinion....

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can understand why people are hating on Maka Wuhu (Or Wuhu Mountain Loop, for me). People are spamming it. When you keep playing the same track over and over again, of course you're going to get sick of it and blame the glitch. If the glitch never existed people wouldn't spam it and ruin the experience for the people who play the game from enjoyment. And despite what some people might think, every single game in the universe is made for fun/entertainment/enjoyment. Because if they weren't, people wouldn't buy them. Anybody who buys a game to achieve a false sense of superiority over people they haven't even met needs help. Variety, that's all anybody's asking.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I can understand why people are hating on Maka Wuhu (Or Wuhu Mountain Loop, for me). People are spamming it. When you keep playing the same track over and over again, of course you're going to get sick of it and blame the glitch. If the glitch never existed people wouldn't spam it and ruin the experience for the people who play the game from enjoyment. And despite what some people might think, every single game in the universe is made for fun/entertainment/enjoyment. Because if they weren't, people wouldn't buy them. Anybody who buys a game to achieve a false sense of superiority over people they haven't even met needs help. Variety, that's all anybody's asking.

Well, people will spam the track until everyone gets sick of it. If you don't like it, then vote. That's what the voting feature is for anyway.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart has never really been, and certainly never will be in the future, fair.

Mario Kart is about how to use every trick to your advantage to do one of two things: stay in first place, or stay in second place and get really good at stealing first when it counts. It's a competition from beginning to end -- fun and/or fair don't even factor in to it.

Where Mario Kart shines is that it's accessible to everyone, and everyone can learn the skills required to be really good at it. You have to abuse driving techniques, items, glitches, anything at your disposal to win.

It's a dirty, dirty game, and you have to play dirty to win. If you aren't willing to play dirty, you're better off getting a different racer.

This is a kids game. IT'S EASY.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the exception of online glitch exploiters, my only frustration with item unfairness is against the CPU. I expect chaos online, but offline I expect my skill to land me 3 stars everytime. Offline, the amount of blue shells i get in a 4-race cup can be 3-10 every goddamn time.

And the timing... OMFG the timing... I'm ALWAYS hit just before the finish line or right over a gap to fall in.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mario Kart has never really been, and certainly never will be in the future, fair.

Mario Kart is about how to use every trick to your advantage to do one of two things: stay in first place, or stay in second place and get really good at stealing first when it counts. It's a competition from beginning to end -- fun and/or fair don't even factor in to it.

Where Mario Kart shines is that it's accessible to everyone, and everyone can learn the skills required to be really good at it. You have to abuse driving techniques, items, glitches, anything at your disposal to win.

It's a dirty, dirty game, and you have to play dirty to win. If you aren't willing to play dirty, you're better off getting a different racer.

This is a kids game. IT'S EASY.
Try get 3 star ranks on every cup and thrash everyone online if it's so easy.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WUHU MOUNTAIN GLITCHERS!!!!
noooooooo.jpg

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat