Hacking Mario galaxy hack possibilities

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, basically everyone thought after a few months that they had just given up but every once in a while they would say that it is progressing nicely and should be out the next week. and it never came. until a beta got leaked back in august and then they finally released theirs in september.

The_Nothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delayed an update for about half a year.... for starters

That is because the update for Wiikey was not needed at the time. Every single Wii game worked on Wiikey at the time. So what was the point of even having an update if the chip did exactly what it was supposed to do right out of the box. Every Wii backup game worked, so update was not important.

The update that was finally released was only for people who gave a crap about Gamecube games that have streaming audio. Which is something me and other Wiikey users did not even care about.

So Wiikey had no reason to release an update if it was not that important.

Now Wiikey needs an update for Mario, so lets see how quickly the Wiikey team responds to it.

mike10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there were lots of reasons for the delay and if they had been more open about it then I think that there would not of been so much anger over it

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
[07.10.29] Issues with Super Mario Galaxy
Within the last 24 hours, we have received a huge number of emails from Wiikey users asking about the issues with the new Super Mario Galaxy game that are affecting all serial modchips. We would like to assure everyone that we are currently investigating the issues and will post a new announcement as soon as we have something to report.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and for your continued support. Although we cannot reply to each individual email, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

So maybe the WiiKey team has had a change of heart?

om123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who ever was on that irc channel when there was talk of how this got hack please paste the log/rember what they said... The free chips need help too.

falcon212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
QUOTE said:
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

SOON !

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was much faster than I was expecting! Maybe Wiikey team doesn't suck so bad after all. I bet the patch is out before I have the game!
laugh.gif
frown.gif
:'(
cry.gif

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! Now I'm glad I have a WiiKey. =D

But I'd be too scared to run the update on SMG, because I have a PAL Wii (its my precious. lol). And I wouldn't wanna screw something up. But still, that's great news.
happy.gif

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't get your hope up to much about the Wiikey update. They made a fix, and it works on their Wiikeys. But they have the knowledge and the tools to modify the Wiikey chip. We don't. So now they need to make an update that fixes it for us, which will probably take ages again.

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a load of BS if you ask me, I'd imagine that whoever programmed the original Wiikey could create a firmware patch in like an hour or two. I hope just this once that they don't delay this firmware patch too long.

iSynic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey has a fix, they need to figure out the best way to get it delivered to us; most likely it will be a firmware update. So everybody should just take a pill and wait it out. Hopefully we'll have something tangible tonight or tomorrow.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If we get a wiikey update by the end of the week I'll be really impressed. I've got a PAL wii and don't fancy duplicate channels. So as long as the fix is out before the PAL version in 2 weeks, I'll be happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...