Hacking Mario galaxy hack possibilities

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
perhaps they are adding some other fixes to the wiikey.. so maybe there will be big changes
smile.gif

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Getting the topic back to what It was supposed to be, I don't think anyone will be able to play this game on any other chips other than cyclowiz and d2ckey, until the official chips site release a update. But if anyone manage to do something... tell us ;D

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using WiiFree open source chip and it seems like authors don't going to release new firmwire...
frown.gif

In the end this move by Nintendo maybe good news for the active modchip companies. CycloWiz and WiiKey (which I imagine will sooner than later release an update) will become the chips to have. The little mod chippers, like WiiFree, may develop solutions over time, but, then again, they may never create another update.

Cyclop has shined in how fast they produced an update. They are great with CycloDS updates as well. But these mod companies can disappear as fast as they show up. One lead programmer moves out of his parents basement and gets a girlfriend and you can kiss those updates goodbye.
rofl2.gif

Tranman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclop has shined in how fast they produced an update. They are great with CycloDS updates as well. But these mod companies can disappear as fast as they show up. One lead programmer moves out of his parents basement and gets a girlfriend and you can kiss those updates goodbye.
From what I understand, it was only by CHANCE that Cyclowiz was able to release an update so quickly...mainly because they already working on updating/optimizing the code to work a different way...because of this, it just so happened to circumvent the new protection scheme. If they hadn't been doing this, they'd be scrambling just like Wiikey to update the chip code...with that being said, I think I'm going to replace my Wiikey with a Cyclowiz since they seem to be actively improving code...

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyclop has shined in how fast they produced an update. They are great with CycloDS updates as well. But these mod companies can disappear as fast as they show up. One lead programmer moves out of his parents basement and gets a girlfriend and you can kiss those updates goodbye.
From what I understand, it was only by CHANCE that Cyclowiz was able to release an update so quickly...mainly because they already working on updating/optimizing the code to work a different way...because of this, it just so happened to circumvent the new protection scheme. If they hadn't been doing this, they'd be scrambling just like Wiikey to update the chip code.

This is a ridicules comment. It was not "by chance" that they were continuing to work on their chip and released an update just because they saw things could be better on the chip. The point is, they were working on their chip all along while im sure Wiikey has not even touched their code since the ridicules fashion they released a leaked "beta" as an update. If it were beta then why did they not finish the update and come out with a real/official update. All this talk about how they are "working on the best way to deliver the update" is insanely stupid. Here is an idea, make an update disc, there, problem of distribution solved,lol.

I hope the Wiikey team comes out with an update, but don't be surprised if a month or more goes bye and they still haven't done a thing. I think they should at least be given a week to get it out before people complain, but again the Cyclowiz didn't stumble upon a fix, they were working on making their chip better even when it functioned as advertised.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, it was only by CHANCE that Cyclowiz was able to release an update so quickly...mainly because they already working on updating/optimizing the code to work a different way...because of this, it just so happened to circumvent the new protection scheme. If they hadn't been doing this, they'd be scrambling just like Wiikey to update the chip code...with that being said, I think I'm going to replace my Wiikey with a Cyclowiz since they seem to be actively improving code...
Wow that's very interesting do you have a source on that?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cyclowiz was just very fast to fix their code, and i respect that
bow.gif

all this bullshit about 'they were lucky' i just dont believe it.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyclops were indeed very fast... but i don't think wiikey will take too long since their team is the same as the d2ckey and it works just fine...
hopes...

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclops were indeed very fast... but i don't think wiikey will take too long since their team is the same as the d2ckey and it works just fine...
hopes...
the d2ckey uses a different method altogether and it's by a different team supposedly. so there's not really a way to use the d2c's idea in the wiikey. that said, with the open source community coming out with a solution, it'd mean it'll be real easy for wiikey team to incorporate it

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow... I am so disappointed with the Wiikey team.

hopefully they release it by Friday (since I have no school on Friday, lol).

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say give the WiiKey team 1 week, then if they don't release an update by then...screw them and go buy a CycloWiz. I mean, HONESTLY. They say that already have a fix, and they just need to make a update system that works with the "new changes", whatever those are. That can't be too hard, and I can't imagine designing one taking any longer than a week. So...yeah...I'll be waiting, and if the team doesn't release something soon, I'm switching to CycloWiz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...