Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Sonicdude1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so when is it really playable? i'm using an r4 and no matter what cheat i use, it still does not work and freeze at the scrren after u click save and confirm.

dirk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game keeps freezing at the room after saving the Chancelor.
It is the room after a save point where you learn to make Mario short.

Sometimes you can enter the next room, but after a battle against an unavoidable enemy, it still freezes.

It seems they have putten lot's of anti-piracy stuff in this game.....

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I beat the game. No issues.

And I gotta say (no it doesn't spoil the game plot)

THE FINAL BOSS THEME IS SO FRICKING EPIC IT HURTS

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
oMETCALFEo said:
anyone got this working on M3 DS REAL yet? lol
I tried all patches, the game still doesn't work with every patch
frown.gif

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
DeadLocked said:
DieForIt said:
oMETCALFEo said:
frown.gif
Could try swapping to R4 firmware just experimentally?
Hmm, what do you mean with "swapping"? You can't use the R4 or YSMENU firmware on the M3 Real.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DieForIt said:
DeadLocked said:
DieForIt said:
oMETCALFEo said:
frown.gif
Could try swapping to R4 firmware just experimentally?
Hmm, what do you mean with "swapping"? You can't use the R4 or YSMENU firmware on the M3 Real.
Don't get me wrong I know nothing about it but I saw a thread on adapters for M3 --> R4 and vice versa http://www.m3-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=312
Again, I know nothign about whta this allows you to do but If you can run YSMenu on R4 just with a simple patch, there may be something in this for M3.

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay. Thanks for trying to help though, unlike most everyone else. Now that they have it working, no one really cares about helping us out.

oMETCALFEo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i know its so annoying i have sent emails (as seen above/ or last page) and they r working on it so lets just hope they come up with a patch/ firmware update soon

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oMETCALFEo said:
i know its so annoying i have sent emails (as seen above/ or last page) and they r working on it so lets just hope they come up with a patch/ firmware update soon
As great as that sounds, it won't help me since they don't update the firmware for the M3 Perfect anymore. I know it's an old cart, but this is the first time I've had a game not work on it.

Since they claim the cheat code works, did they tell you how they made it work? Maybe you should ask them.

oMETCALFEo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Boo_Mansion said:
oMETCALFEo said:
As great as that sounds, it won't help me since they don't update the firmware for the M3 Perfect anymore. I know it's an old cart, but this is the first time I've had a game not work on it.

Since they claim the cheat code works, did they tell you how they made it work? Maybe you should ask them.
i asked but no reply
frown.gif
so yet again all we can do is wait for u i recomend emailing them at [email protected]

good luck.

also i just thought can someone that is able to unpack the rom (i cant as im on guest on this pc) and try and find where the save goes place it there and try out the rom on their cart? its a possibility

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know what you mean by unpacking a rom, but I can tell you that even with a game save in the same location, I still get a black screen after loading an already started file.

oMETCALFEo said:
i emailed the M3 Team asking for a firmware update (in a polite way) and how long it might take them and they said to use the temporary code, coz its working for them. the code they gave me was:

Meanwhile please use this temp cheat codes

Game Id: CLJJ 607C83B9

Protection Bypass Cheat
02047C50 E3A00000
02047C54 E12FFF1E
02047FB8 E3A00000
02047FBC E12FFF1E
02004DB0 E12FFF1E
020480BC E3A00000
52089C30 E92D4007
02089C30 E12FFF1E
D0000000 00000000

but that doesnt work OMFG!!!

OMG!! That's terrible! I can't believe they would give you something from gbatemp...LAZY!!!

At this rate, they will just sit and wait till Narin comes up with something awesome, and then they will come out "WE HAVE A FIRMWARE UPDATE NOW!"

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
DDRPenguin said:
Thank you for the emu, but I must say, that the emulator on my computer runs REALLY SLOW! NO$GBA plays it fine in speed, it just freezes.
But at least it works.

oMETCALFEo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
god must not want me to play this game cos im trying to download the patch to play on no$gba but it says im already downloading something off of ripid share so im screwed until a firmware update comes out
mad.gif
hate2.gif
dunno if i can last that long
blink.gif
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1