ROM Hack MapleStory Patch Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The translation team did a great job in such a short amount of time i just played it for bout half hour it feels like this is some professional shyt

Side Note: The Patcher doesnt make NDS file but u can just add .NDS to it and it works fine

DarkFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What the heck? Way to release a patch without notifying anyone else on the team!

This isn't even the revised version me and logan have been working on!

You are giving the community a half-done, half-revised early beta...

This is exactly why the project was supposed to be private from the start, to prevent this from happening.

Your actions have resulted in the main thread being locked, and numerous members leaving the team. For this reason I will leave the team and leave this project all to you, since you seem to want to take control over everything.

...btw I will not be releasing my edited, revised and complete patch with everything translated and 75% of story included to the public, due to it being sabotaged.

To those of you who were looking forward to the full 100%...you can thank this guy for ruining it. Its up to him now to finish this. I am leaving.

5thinline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edit: i completely edited out my previous post as i learned this was not an official release and the actions caused by this release may have completely ruined any chance of a completed patch being release, so i don't want to be seen as supporting this unofficial release for that very reason

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkFrost said:
Your actions have resulted in the main thread being locked, and numerous members leaving the team. For this reason I will leave the team and leave this project all to you, since you seem to want to take control over everything.

I can re-open the thread, that's not a problem. I didn't realise this was an unofficial release, sorry about that.

shaaynn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkFrost said:
What the heck? Way to release a patch without notifying anyone else on the team!

This is exactly why the project was supposed to be private from the start, to prevent this from happening.

...btw I will not be releasing my edited, revised and complete patch with everything translated and 75% of story included to the public, due to it being sabotaged.

To those of you who were looking forward to the full 100%...you can thank this guy for ruining it. Its up to him now to finish this. I am leaving.

So you're quitting because he released a patch he worked on even though it wasn't revised? Unless, most of the work was done by you guys then I certainly agree with your anger. But, this isn't a really good reason to completely quit a project that you say had just 25% of work left. It hasn't really done any harm except give people an early, really badly edited patch. This is all from my perspective of what's going on. But hey, I might be missing out on something so my opinion could be completely invalid.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkFrost said:

Wait WHAT?! He released this without even asking, no, even telling you?!

Omg I can't believe I didn't realize... But please, please don't leave like this. I completely understand why you're angry and hell I'd be enraged too, but please don't do this. This'd just render your hard work all for nothing.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFrost said:

This is actually pretty funny.

Not a 'Ha Ha' funny, but more of a 'tee hee' funny.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, it's kinda funny.

2129582780053663113yFLFXK_ph.jpg

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
basher11 said:
i rather have a 75% patch then a half finished beta. but that's just my opinionQUOTE(DarkFrost @ May 4 2010, 07:45 PM) What the heck? Way to release a patch without notifying anyone else on the team!
As for his plans right now, he won't release that one. Sure, we'd all love to have that one in stead of this, but it seems like clashthunder ruined it for us.

Arg this sucks so bad
cry.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi DarkFrost,

If you will let me throw in my two cents worth, people have many weaknesses which can be easily observed by this thread. These weaknesses have a way of surfacing under the right conditions. Obviously one of more of your team members caved into the pressure of the GBA temp community especially when there was such an immense hype about the actual translation patch itself. Yes, there has already been a massive spoiler on what was being worked on the patch and you have already identified the root of the problem and the weaknesses that person has demonstrated. However, now you are under the spotlight... more people such as myself have been quite interested in the progress of this patch and have not posted. As a team leader, you can rectify the problem with your leadership skills, and demonstrate to the community how well you handled the situation and continued with the translation patch which will be released officially public at a later date. Otherwise you can continue following what you have said in your previous post in which the many people, including myself, will see how poorly that was handled and forget about seeing the completed translation patch.

As of myself, I never bothered with this unnoficial release especially since it was not completed. Many people like myself probably did the same thing and the event was not as traumatizing as it seems.

Please reconsider,
Z (Master of Mathematics)

Dorian2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkfrost

Many people were looking forward to this patch. As of I, I waited and waited for the patch i waited ever since the begining of the forum for the patch to be competed. And now you just say its over and your not going to release it. Dont quit please. I waited for a while and im sure many others did too.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tubby28 said:
can someone upload the patch(es) to uploaded or filetrip please
You asked once before and after finding out what happened with the original project I don't think anyone would want to upload these patches to filetrip.
Sorry to tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*