Hacking Many doubts about a PS3 with CFW

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening guys!

Well, I was thinking on selling my PS3 and getting a PS3 with CFW and I have many doubts. (Sorry if many of them have been answered, but I'm asking them because I didn't understand the answers I have read!)

1. Can a PS3 with CFW (that it's not a 60GB - 60Go one) run PS2 ISOs? (Even don't having the feature that 60Gb ones have). I have read > this < but I'm not sure.
2. How is the external drive compatibility about the loading of backups? I mean, is there any problem using backups on an external drive? Because, for example, if I have a 80Gb PS3, there's not much space for backups.
3. Instead of getting a new PS3 with CFW, would be better to get the E3 Flasher and downgrade with it (cheapest and if it's not that hard?)

I have forgot about some of them, so I will ask them as I remember, sorry guys and thank you very much!

NotableCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1: yes, but not all games can work. personally don't know what the compatibility is, as I am using the old 60gb version
2: perfect, although there are some games that have files bigger then 4gb, which you can't use on fat 32, so you can either run them from a ntfs file system external hdd(can't give you you info for this, never used it), or copy them too the internal hdd, or stream a iso file over a network(again, never used this).
3: not all slims are downgradable for the use of a custom firmware, keep that in mind.

which ps3 do you have a the the moment?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a FAT 80Gb version. I will post more details later, as I'm in school. But it has FW +3,55 for sure, but I don't know which one exactly it has.

Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo