Hacking Manual IOS Upgrade

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not interested in a "Upgrade to 4.0 with Waninkoko's upgrader or Nintendo" reply, or a big argument about "There's no reason not to upgrade".

All I want is a precise answer of what are the necessary IOS released by Nintendo after 3.3v1 required to run newer games and wiiware. (e.g. IOS53 etc.)

Can someone provide this information?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Alexrose said:
I'm not interested in a "Upgrade to 4.0 with Waninkoko's upgrader or Nintendo" reply, or a big argument about "There's no reason not to upgrade".

All I want is a precise answer of what are the necessary IOS released by Nintendo after 3.3v1 required to run newer games and wiiware. (e.g. IOS53 etc.)

Can someone provide this information?
I'm exactly in the same situation: I want to keep my 3.2 firmware but i've manually installed all IOSs missing in 3.2
How? It's very simple:

- Use NUS Downloader to download and pack IOS legally to wad
- Install them with WadManager 1.4 (or whatever)

Some link:
NUSD: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
IOS information (you'll need this to use NUSD): http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

I've installed: 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, 55, 56, 60, 61 (just to have all of them but you'll not need 50 or 60 if you use 3.2 for example)

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
BlackEnigma said:
I'd like to get some insight into how safe this really is.
I think it's more safe that install wad from the internet!
NUSD check the integrity of downloaded content. But of course if you shutdown your wii during installation you're fucked up...
I've used this long before bootmii and i've advice a lot of people... I'm responsible of.....0 brick!

But you're right to think about safety... lot of people do stupid things and come crying after

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...I would recommend DOP-IOS. You can download all newest IOS, and it will also patch the Trucha-Bug in it...still, have BootMii as Boot2 and a NAND-Backup ready...but for me, it worked perfect
smile.gif

Like said before, IOS 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, 55, 56, 60, 61 should do it...just select everyone and install it...

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. And thanks for the replies.
I also have backed up my nand a few times.

I knew that other ios were important but I was always under the impression that the most important ones were 38, 53, and 55.

But yeah, I wouldn't even do anything if I thought there was even a slight chance of the power going off.

Finally I never knew about DOP IOS

Anyway thanks again.

Edit: Now that I think about it I guess I am slightly paranoid about stuff even with Bootmii.
I don't want any trouble.
Kind of like I wouldn't kill myself even if I was 100% sure I could come back to life.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
In fact I've installed all IOS (like the 60) just because I like to swap firmware
smile.gif

Just to test things...
I don't have anymore wifi for my wii so I do everything offline (ARC offline, firmware IOS up/down grade with wad ...) Just for the fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o