MAME4ALL Plugin Help

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by alfun, Sep 3, 2013.

1. alfun
    OP

alfun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2012
    United States
    Do anyone know if MAME4ALL plugin can read .zip files? Or do I have to extract the files first? I cannot get any of my MAME roms to work. In the gamelist.txt file the rom is listed as working. Here is one of the errors I get:
    68705.bin NOT FOUND alt
    ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.

After I installed the MAME4ALL plugin it made a bunch of icons on my DSTWO. Is there a way to have it make 1 icon only and have that list all of my MAME roms instead of putting all of my roms in separate MAME icons?

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    Go here put the zip with your rom. or here, put this with the game.

3. alfun
    OP

alfun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2012
    United States
    None of those two methods worked but I figured it out and got it working.

I downloaded a different version of the rom and got it working. I think only MAME 0.37b5 roms are supported.

I found a few different MAME emulators. Do certain versions of MAME roms only run on certain MAME emulators?

Do not rename the rom files. You have to keep the original filename listed in gamelist.txt or else MAME4ALL will not detect the rom.

After you load the rom it will ask you to type "OK", press Left then Right on the D-Pad for this.

Every rom that I tried out runs very sluggish, I'm using default settings, is this normal?

Some games you can play 2 payers, is there a way to activate the 2nd player?

Some games you can choose between 4 players. For instance, in the game The Simpsons, you can pick between Marge, Homer, Bart, and Lisa. How do you press start or insert coin for players 2-4 so that you can choose Homer, Bart, or Lisa?

4. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Interesting.
    Why do you think that ?