Homebrew Mame2003+ Compatibility list

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wbml is not working for me, but wbmlb.zip is working just fine under Core D. Kind of silly how MAME non-merged sets work sometimes. The Parent rom isn't working but the bootleg rom is:wacko:. I've been MAME'n for 20 years so nothing surprises me anymore.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, some games have only a working clone.
Examples from my compatibility list are:
Alien Storm: astormbl.zip
Moonwalker: moonwalkb.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@MrSW @mastershoes
Yes I forgot, the C3 core is 'mame2003_midtunit_libretro.dol' from this thread and we should name it to core I to avoid confusion

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima - Of the games you have not listed Ill list my findings as well for reference...
========================================

I have put all my working roms (at least i thought were working, or once were from previous Core versions) in seperate folders for each core. I did run across 3 games i had confirmed folder working that weren't when tried again. 3 out of 74 from core A is pretty good percentage. If you'd like I can post my results for all other cores I had confirmed working to add to your list as well. Testing each game again is very time consuming & considering they were once confirmed working, there is a pretty good chance that very few will not work. Im sure there are other games for each core that do work but I have not got around to testing all roms for each core. At least this would help you complete your compatibility list.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just updated the list on the 1st post with mastershoes notes, and added some new games tested by me

Added:

coreB2
Snow Bros. - Working

coreD2
Moonwalker - Working

coreF
Matmania - Working

Edited:

coreA2
Dig Dug, Galaga - Working

coreC2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Working (Slow)

coreE
Jailbreak - Working

coreF
Ikari III- Working

coreG
Kangaroo, Shingen Samurai-Fighter - Working

coreB
Insector X | NEED CONFIRMATION

coreC2
Defender | NEED CONFIRMATION

coreE
City Bomber | NEED CONFIRMATION

coreH 1942 | Working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@RunningSnakes thanks for your tests!
It will take time for me to test everything and update the list, so your help is really appreciated:)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Core A:
Galaga 88, Pac-Land and Vs. Super Mario Bros. work
Ninja Baseball Batman boots, but it is slow, and is very prone to glitching

Core B:
Bubble Bobble works
Bubble Bobble 2 and Bubble Symphony are slow, but if you set frameskip to 3 (I think) it halves the framerate but it allows you to play them at full speed

Core D:
Altered Beast works (doesn't work in the alt core), Rygar works

Core E:
Gradius 3 works
Fantastic Journey doesn't work

Not a big list, but those are the games that I play that are missing from the list
Tried your games and I can confirm all your tests. For Bubble Bobble I was using the wrong rom.
It was 'bublbob1.zip' (ends with 'one') while the correct one is bublbobl.zip (ends with 'L'). Thanks! without you I would have never noticed.

@mastershoes 1942 is still not working on core H for me, error screen and forced reset needed. I tried again redownloading the rom, but nothing.

@RunningSnakes I confirm wmbl in coreD and umk3 in coreC2 working. Thanks!

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
What would be the point of core I anyway? All of its games seem to work in C2, so it seems kinda redundant to include it.

Commando works for me in core H
Rampage World Tour works in C2, but it's slow

Last edited by MrSW,

Danimalzpwn3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I dont know if this is the best place to ask, but you guys have tested so many games out on MAME, which games would you recommend the most for MAME? Don't have many

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario.zip is not working on core A

I also got load up then black screen freeze 3 separate times. I then tried it through Homebrew Channel and it worked. Went back to WFL and now it is working. Defender on Core C also like to do this. Strange, I couldn't get Defender or Joust to work last night on C1 but working on C2. Today both work on C1. A little buggy.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moved Core I games to Core C2.
Removed Core I entirely from 1st post, it's now useless.
@mastershoes did you tried Defender from Hbc and then from wiiflow again, like @RunningSnakes suggested?
@RunningSnakes Thanks! Keep posting your tests, I will add them to the list as soon as I manage to confirm your results.

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
mario.zip works fine for me, it should be noted that it needs samples to properly emulate some sound effects

Where are you getting your roms from? You have to use the MAME2003+ romset

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me if these games exist in the mame2003+ set? I know they are in my mame toadking set, but if they are in this one the zips are definitely named differently. Thanks to Running Snakes list, I found 10 yard fight, but not these yet. They're pending for the Mame Cover set coming up, I would just like to have them named appropriately if they exist.

Air Assault (airass.zip)
Rail Chase (rchase.zip)
Space Raider (sraider.zip)

Also.. I love how this thread is taking off!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv