Making your own 3DS games trough CFW ???

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ProfiSuchti, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

after reading this Post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/im-interested-to-know-how-do-you-guys-mod-a-game.446596/

I started thinking about CREATING Games for the 3Ds but CFW Only (I am 100% Sure that if you have no CFW, you CANT create your OWN Games for the 3Ds... maybe you can, but you cant play them on your 3DS because 1. You dont know maybe how to "make" a Cartridge for your game and 2.Your 3Ds has to see the "Cartridge" game that you made, as ORIGINAL / OFFICIAL.
    I have a CFW 3Ds, so here i have the best chances).

Well, is it Possible that i create my own game on the PC for my 3Ds ?
    I want to create a 3DS Game for the 3DS. That means: Like Original 3DS games where you can play them on 2D and 3D with the 3D Slider.

If yes: Which Programms/Tools i need ?

My biggest weakness is PAINTING. In "making" games, Painting is VERY Important. I even cant Paint/Draw a Stick man (LOL). I tried it many times on Paper, on my PC trough PAINT etc. I CANT I CANT I CANT!!!

So, if theres a Programm/Software to make your own Games for a CFW 3Ds (CFW because you can easy install and play the .cia file^^), i need to learn to PAINT. So have you guys tipps,ideas etc. HOW i can learn it ? I have in Reallife 0 Friends i am sorry.... (I am like a Freak, i am only at Home and playing Games etc. and i earn even my money trough the Internet like streaming etc.) so i cant ask anyone in real...
    Maybe video Guides ?

Btw: Painting is very Important for me. I learned all basics etc. for Cinema4D, i know how things works there etc. but i cant TINKER / Build a Full CHARACTER or SMALL Pet XDD because i cant "Imagine" a Character in polygons etc. And even if i could do that, i could'nt "Realise" it in Cinema4D because my Painting Skills -.-.

After i figured out how to paint, i planned to make my own Story with Cinema4D (I wrote already a FULL Story for a Cartoon Serie with 10 Seassons. 21 Episodes per Seasson), and make my own PC games (maybe) and currently for some Fun on the 3Ds IF Possible.

PS. I have a few BIG Game Ideas for the 3Ds. If its really possible to make games on the 3Ds, it would be not bad if some of you guys would Supporting me trough your Painting Skills (Supporting, and not Making everything alone because i want to do something too and learn alot!) and maybe give me some Painting Lessons trough Teamviewer / Skype etc.^^

We can do together plans too of a Great Game,and who knows ? maybe we get a Great Job offer to Make REAL Games in a big Company Like nintendo (I am not a Nintendo Fan, its just a example), Ubisoft etc.^^

Last edited by ProfiSuchti, Nov 1, 2016
  2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    You either need devkitPro, ctrulib and some other libraries, knowledge of C/C++. Or you can make Lua games with LPP-3DS.

Either way, learn programming.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  3. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    #Started googling for them all and searching for some Guides on Youtube.

Btw: Yeah i know C++. I used it earlier, its very complicated but after you learn it i am sure it will be alot more Easy. I will try to learn so much i can with C++.

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment

Linux is easier for devkitPro, by the way. Installation is so much more straightforward imo.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  5. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    You don't need CFW to make unofficial games, just homebrew launcher and C++/C or Lua knowledge.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  6. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    Sign up at the nintendo dev portal and use Unity for N3DS and as your grammar and your Nickname, looks German, I guess you're German, Du solltest mal an deiner Rechtschreibung arbeiten, und dich etwas kürzer halten, das ist sehr unübersichtlich