Making-New Super Mario Bros 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kknn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's already too late, but have you considered hacking the original new super mario bros in order to make entirely new levels ?
It could be legally distributed as an IPS patch, and you would already have the graphics, the music and the engine and great gameplay from the original New Super Mario Bros for DS.
You guys would only have to create the levels!, and putting all the effort into the levels would most likely result in an awesome new game!

level editor: (have not tried it yet, linux user)
http://www.romhacking.net/utils/457/

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
VISHI SO FISHI said:
no i alreday got that ,but i want to make a new game not just copy..and yes i have started programming !!!!!!!!1 how many times do i ahve to say that?
If you talked with correct spelling, maybe people would take you more serious...

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
no i alreday got that ,but i want to make a new game not just copy..and yes i have started programming !!!!!!!!1 how many times do i ahve to say that?
If you talked with correct spelling, maybe people would take you more serious...
Dude relax, it's obviously typos. And what about you? Grammer not your strong point? It should be 'seriously'.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trippy said:
wabsta said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Dude relax, it's obviously typos. And what about you? Grammer not your strong point? It should be 'seriously'.
He has a point though. The average real programmer takes his own posts much more seriously. And don't make fun of the Dutch, we do this wrong all the time
tongue.gif

It's quiet - He talks quietly

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
ok guys now we dont need anyone else thanks, to all !

will post a few screens on weekend
thanks
and sorry about the slang writing as i was in a hurry!

Nice! And no-one really cares how you type.

If you want me to make any tiles, just PM me
wink.gif

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
strata8 said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
ok guys now we dont need anyone else thanks, to all !

will post a few screens on weekend
thanks
and sorry about the slang writing as i was in a hurry!

Nice! And no-one really cares how you type.

If you want me to make any tiles, just PM me
wink.gif

thanks man, um the thing is thtat i am thinking of using new super mario bros tiles , if you want i can give you examples can you edit some and make them look collier?

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's fine. Is it an actual game or just a hack of the original?

Have you considered using the tiles from Super Mario World? In my opinion they're more suited to a 2D game.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Ok - this is just for all my menu creators--

can you please post your design- i will be posting you a pm but just incase-so i wrote here--

please pm me-
And the name is not going to change from NSMB2 as i am not making any profit from this game and , i dont think this should violate the law- but i might be wrong..lol

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow...I am SO sorry on my late reply for the menu design. I sent you a PM but you never got back to me dude. I need to know what type of design you wanted...Did you want it to be the exact same as the first NSMB? Or a little different, I also need to know what kind of menu buttons you will be needing, such as, "Profile, 1/2/3, Options, Credits, Back", etc...Please get back to me. I'm still your man for the menu. I just need to know what design you wanted.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: I have created the menu and sent you the folder with the images in it VISHY. Hope you enjoy it...if not, then I don't know o.o, Might have to find someone better than me...But I hope I make it through >.<

EDIT: Oh and dude xD, My name is spelled Brian* Not Brain.
tongue.gif

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's some inspiration

newsupermariobros2ym1.png

It was created by KoopaDasher but I think the storyline idea is very good, if you're wondering why mario isn't on the front cover then read the back for the story, it's a real twist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle