Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it possible to use the phone only? like making the phone act like the amibo?

i have a rooted android.

kmunkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just tried it myself, definitely not possible with their software and I can't get the writer working with other software.
Maybe it's possible but I think it's just easier to pick up an old Android device as cheap as possible and use that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've seen people have issues with the S3 the most obvious one that sometimes trips people up is to make sure NFC is turned on. Yeah I know ;)
People have also had issues if the phone is in a case, so use the phone Nakit, the phone, not you :D
But the biggest problem seems to be if the battery has been replaced, as thats where the NFC chip is with the S3.

Those are just what comes to mind, off the top of my head as it were.

Aw man, I've tried all those :/ I have to S3's and one of the batteries actually said nfc and the other did not, so I'm using that one. The phone can detect the tags as I'm using a different app to see if I can detect them. I've also don't have a case on the phone and went so far as to take the back cover off.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aw man, I've tried all those :/ I have to S3's and one of the batteries actually said nfc and the other did not, so I'm using that one. The phone can detect the tags as I'm using a different app to see if I can detect them. I've also don't have a case on the phone and went so far as to take the back cover off.

Ok, that is weird then. What version of TagMo are you using? Shouldn't matter but, y'know, covering all bases.

kmunkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that is weird then. What version of TagMo are you using? Shouldn't matter but, y'know, covering all bases.

I found out what was wrong! The phone just sucks, not s3 as a whole just the one I was using. I moved everything over to another S3 and it worked with no problems at all. Happy it works, kind of mad it took me a while to figure it out. I don't know what was wrong with that particular phone either though.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found out what was wrong! The phone just sucks, not s3 as a whole just the one I was using. I moved everything over to another S3 and it worked with no problems at all. Happy it works, kind of mad it took me a while to figure it out. I don't know what was wrong with that particular phone either though.

Cool, glad you got it sorted. Punt the other one to the kerb ;) Could be a faulty NFC chip, could be anything really. But at least you're up and running.

katekate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any emulator apps for the android that you can load the bin files onto?

I accidentally bought ntag 216 instead of 215... (and idk how to partition it to get rid of the extra 348 bytes)

Alucardd80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the keys. I have it (found from original posters pastebin) but now idk what in the world to do with them. Idk how to make them work with Tagmo :l

I'm guessing you have to make them into a .Bin file or something and I just haven't a clue.

Alucardd80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to all of this, and I have all the key files downloaded and everything is "working" but after I load a bin, and go to do the "auto" writing of the ntag (215) it just crashes every time. I'm doing this from a note two, if that helps. I've tried multiple different versions of the app, yet none of them are working :'( any help at all is much appreciated.

Mind helping me out? I'm not sure how to make the OP's pastebin into something that Tagmo can see. And I can't find any website that has them the uh keys.

Last edited by Alucardd80,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IMG_0119.PNG
so does this work as well?

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone got a suggestion where to buy cheap nfc tags that can be shipped easily to Austria? I want to buy like 50 tags.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone got a suggestion where to buy cheap nfc tags that can be shipped easily to Austria? I want to buy like 50 tags.
Cheapest would be ordering directly from china, but if you want them sooner for just a little extra I recommend http://zipnfc.com/ (they also got a shop on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk).

edit: dang, they seem to be out of stock for the 215 now

Last edited by bkifft,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cheapest would be ordering directly from china, but if you want them sooner for just a little extra I recommend http://zipnfc.com/ (they also got a shop on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk).

edit: dang, they seem to be out of stock for the 215 now
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NTA...able-NFC-Adhesive-Labels-Dia/32764597031.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol