• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't flash it again (if you talk about writing it with tagmo) If I write it again on it, I have this : Error while writing main data (stage1) java.io.IOException: Transceive failed
And I have been tried many times to rescan them in the game.
You're not holding it steady enough then.

I have had 2 incomplete flashes, and had that exact same issue//sound. I re-flashed them, and they worked. You just have to keep trying, and make sure that your phone and the tag are steady.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh ok haha I'm retarded :creep: but yeah I have already tried with the key_retail.bin found on the website.

I can't flash it again (if you talk about writing it with tagmo) If I write it again on it, I have this : Error while writing main data (stage1) java.io.IOException: Transceive failed
And I have been tried many times to rescan them in the game.

do you have like a 3DS or WiiU to test the tags?

LUCKASS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're not holding it steady enough then.

I have had 2 incomplete flashes, and had that exact same issue//sound. I re-flashed them, and they worked. You just have to keep trying, and make sure that your phone and the tag are steady.

Ok I will try again and again...

do you have like a 3DS or WiiU to test the tags?

Nope nothing :/
I can try the BIN Amiibo file with Cemu

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I will try again and again...

Nope nothing :/
I can try the BIN Amiibo file with Cemu

could you try installing amiibitz on your phone and see if your tag gets recognized? if you have a custom tag from older amiibos (SSB Link, Wolf Link, TP Zelda, SSB Toon Link)..and yeah try to keep your phone and tags real steady when trying to write amiibo data as suggested..

Reactions: LUCKASS

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone out there can recommend the cheapest phone I can use to do this? I have an old HTC Evo 4g (supersonic) and I tried for days but no love. I'm on a tight budget with a newborn.

Fuqphace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a word of warning I just installed the OP linked version of TagMo on my phone, and I noticed that suddenly every application was being opened in the background (games, camera, contacts, maps, location, etc.), which can be seen by holding the home button. This stopped happening as soon as I uninstalled TagMo. Based on this I don't see how TagMo could be anything other than bad

shane9b3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as a word of warning I just installed the OP linked version of TagMo on my phone, and I noticed that suddenly every application was being opened in the background (games, camera, contacts, maps, location, etc.), which can be seen by holding the home button. This stopped happening as soon as I uninstalled TagMo. Based on this I don't see how TagMo could be anything other than bad
I have installed tagmo on 4 different brands of phones and never seen this problem at all. Works perfect, even on my new S8 stock everything, no root.

Reactions: TerryG

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I referenced that list, I have an old Evo 4g LTE laying around. Took me forever to get a 4.4 firmware running on it, only to find out that tagmo would not successfully detect my nfc chipset, wish there was a definitive list of what phones tagmo will run on. However, at this point I have built a programmer from an arduino uno and a rf board that works fine, so I don't need the phone anymore.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I referenced that list, I have an old Evo 4g LTE laying around. Took me forever to get a 4.4 firmware running on it, only to find out that tagmo would not successfully detect my nfc chipset, wish there was a definitive list of what phones tagmo will run on. However, at this point I have built a programmer from an arduino uno and a rf board that works fine, so I don't need the phone anymore.
You mind sharing? I've been looking for a pc alternative.

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still the most current and updated way to do this? If not can someone re-direct me to the most recent. Not sure about this once since it's a year old now.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
pfft, reading through most of it.

So in short!

What i need:
- NFC Smartphone
- The correct nfc tags
- Amiibo dump files (*.bin)
- Amiibo key
- Latest Tagmo

What i need to do:
- install tagmo apk on phone
- on phone make a folder, put all bin files in it
- put amiibo key on sd to
- start tagmo (load key)
- load tag
- Write Tag (Auto)
- hold nfc card against phone

(For example Mario Gold edition)
Wel it then jumps to main screen back, when i then scan the tag it says mario
But my 3ds does not recognize the card.

Also can i rewrite my nfc tag? or is ir write once read many

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pfft, reading through most of it.

So in short!

What i need:
- NFC Smartphone
- The correct nfc tags
- Amiibo dump files (*.bin)
- Amiibo key
- Latest Tagmo

What i need to do:
- install tagmo apk on phone
- on phone make a folder, put all bin files in it
- put amiibo key on sd to
- start tagmo (load key)
- load tag
- Write Tag (Auto)
- hold nfc card against phone

(For example Mario Gold edition)
Wel it then jumps to main screen back, when i then scan the tag it says mario
But my 3ds does not recognize the card.

Also can i rewrite my nfc tag? or is ir write once read many
Pfft for someone who read through the whole thread you sure do have a lot of questions.
Most people have issues with the latest tagmo so you shouldn't necessarily be using it. And no it's not rewritable.

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: DjoeN

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pfft for someone who read through the whole thread you sure do have a lot of questions.
Most people have issues with the latest tagmo so you shouldn't necessarily be using it. And no it's not rewritable.

yeah, I just tried it and for some reason Mario Kart 8 isn't recognizing it. I installed the lastest tagmo, put the .bin i made into my phone, loaded it, then loaded the amiibo file, pressed write tag, aaaand nothing.

edit: Just realized that I need to get an NFC tag... lol can anyone point me to the cheapest possible?

Last edited by Shadow Fyre,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah, I just tried it and for some reason Mario Kart 8 isn't recognizing it. I installed the lastest tagmo, put the .bin i made into my phone, loaded it, then loaded the amiibo file, pressed write tag, aaaand nothing.

edit: Just realized that I need to get an NFC tag... lol can anyone point me to the cheapest possible?
This is the cheapest you'll find per tag: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NTA...able-NFC-Adhesive-Labels-Dia/32315909847.html
It could just be the act of scanning NFC tags that's causing the apps to open. Android lets apps register triggers for various events, you'd be surprised at the amount of software that registers triggers that they don't really need to function and even if you're not using the functionality in the app that the triggers are there for, they still run every time the event is triggered.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also can you re-write nfc tags?? So I only have to buy a couple and just re use them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, i'll look on AliExpress for one that sells a little less than a 100 ha. About that, can you re-write them?

edit: from what I've looked up it seems that if an nfc is unlocked you can re-write it.
edit 2: also do the nfc tags need to be round?

Last edited by Shadow Fyre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1