XP
Country
Canada

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look at the beginning of the thread. you have to search for them yourself but there are hints where to find them. If you got them download the HdX hex editor and copy it there and save it. Then add a .bin to the data file and your good to go.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by esmith13,

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Random11,

Atrimis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please keep this up to date. I'm going to make cards for my friends so they don't have to open their Amiibo packages.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldnt it be wonderfull if we could use the gamepad's nfc reader to write on the tags, instead of needing a phone :P

crashedpanoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! I have all the requisite materials and understand how the process works, but for some reason TagMo (I have the latest version installed on my device) cannot recognize the key .bin files I have in my file directory. I've tried all manner of locations (including uploading them into my google drive) and it seems the app simply will not recognize them or any folder they are stored in. The original .zip containing the compressed files appears in the TagMo file system but obviously it will not load them as they are compressed. Is there something wrong with the files or my device? Any help please I am very frustrated with this.

edit: nevermind I solved it within seconds of posting this because I am stupid

Last edited by crashedpanoz,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amiibos are 540 Bytes. Always. Cause the Tags are exactly 540 Bytes too.
Then where are the other 32 bytes coming from, if not the Amiibo as explained below?
I can explain the 572B thing. Without getting into to much detail, basically, someone out there figured out that amiibo NTAGs have some extra visible data on them at the end of the tag that might be of use eventually, so Amiibitz now dumps that, and handles that somewhat properly.-snip-

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well than get Tags with more space and try it. Wont work. Only 540 byte Tags will work. Cause amiibos itself only have 540 Bytes space.

I dont know where the other Bytes are supposed to come from but it wouldnt be of any use because only written ntag215's are recognized as amiibos. And they have only 540 Bytes.

You have to be careful. Because others will read of this and go buy ntag216 Cause the amiibo file wouldnt fit on ntag215 and then they will have wasted their money.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know where the other Bytes are supposed to come from
Yes, that's why I was trying to bring them to your attention. I haven't checked Amiibitz, but they should be the vendor ECC. (from read_sig) If that's the case, those bytes are there and readable.
Cause amiibos itself only have 540 Bytes space.
Correct. The Amiibo's NTAG215 (if it verifies as such) would have had only 540 bytes of "space". That doesn't mean that they only have 540 bytes of important information.
but it wouldnt be of any use
The signature bytes aren't of use to someone writing an NTAG215 because that area isn't writable. That doesn't make them not exist. They would be useful (critical) for someone emulating a tag if Nintendo decided to start verifying the signature. My point is that those bytes don't make the dump invalid. If your writing program doesn't ignore them, just chop them off with a hex editor.
because only written ntag215's are recognized as amiibos. And they have only 540 Bytes.
A Datel powertag isn't an NTAG215, but it is recognizable as an Amiibo. (However, it doesn't pass the sig verification as an NTAG215, so Nintendo could put those out of commission.) And, of course, the N2 Elite isn't a tag at all.

Reactions: BlackZero500

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, that's why I was trying to bring them to your attention. I haven't checked Amiibitz, but they should be the vendor ECC. (from read_sig) If that's the case, those bytes are there and readable.Correct. The Amiibo's NTAG215 (if it verifies as such) would have had only 540 bytes of "space". That doesn't mean that they only have 540 bytes of important information.The signature bytes aren't of use to someone writing an NTAG215 because that area isn't writable. That doesn't make them not exist. They would be useful (critical) for someone emulating a tag if Nintendo decided to start verifying the signature. My point is that those bytes don't make the dump invalid. If your writing program doesn't ignore them, just chop them off with a hex editor.A Datel powertag isn't an NTAG215, but it is recognizable as an Amiibo. (However, it doesn't pass the sig verification as an NTAG215, so Nintendo could put those out of commission.) And, of course, the N2 Elite isn't a tag at all.

Very informative. Didnt know much of that. I understand now what you mean. Dont think Nintendo will integrate such a sig Check though. The majority of consumers buys the amiibos and the ones that wont will still find a way. Too much effort for very limited Profit.

Reactions: nexusmtz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: