Hacking Making a WAD Installer ISO

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else have this problem:
My first attempt was a success(Thank-you Hit) but i wanted to change from WAD v1.1 to WAD v2 so i could install multiple *.wad's.
But, when trying to replace the main.dol in Trucha, the Trucha proggie gives me an error about the size of the replacement .dol has to be of "equal or lesser value".
So, i guess i must have to try to modify another .iso (originally used Myth Makers Super Kart). Or maybe we can't use v2.
unsure.gif

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
DvDrmann said:
My first attempt was a success(Thank-you Hit) but i wanted to change from WAD v1.1 to WAD v2 so i could install multiple *.wad's.
But, when trying to replace the main.dol in Trucha, the Trucha proggie gives me an error about the size of the replacement .dol has to be of "equal or lesser value".
So, i guess i must have to try to modify another .iso (originally used Myth Makers Super Kart). Or maybe we can't use v2.
unsure.gif

TIA
did you try and use the same iso that u conerted for wad v1.1? cus if you did it wont work.

lordhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i used this method to use wad installer 2.0, and it's running all ok, i instaled 6 games all in one time, all running perfect thanks for this tutorial, it's really helped!

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything worked according to plan as far as setting up the .iso. I boot to it, connect my wiimote, and then press A to start the dump. My problem is that it gets stuck at:

Code Dump:
[THREE LINES HERE]

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to let it sit for awhile and hope for the best. I already gave it 10 minutes and it didn't do anything so I had to reboot and now I'm trying again.

All suggestions are welcome, I followed the tutorial exactly, using Installer v1.

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barrow said:
Everything worked according to plan as far as setting up the .iso. I boot to it, connect my wiimote, and then press A to start the dump. My problem is that it gets stuck at:

Code Dump:
[THREE LINES HERE]

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to let it sit for awhile and hope for the best. I already gave it 10 minutes and it didn't do anything so I had to reboot and now I'm trying again.

All suggestions are welcome, I followed the tutorial exactly, using Installer v1.

Even though my Wii didn't automatically reboot, the process still seemed to work when I manually rebooted. I was able to go into the VC game catalog, search for my game, and it was downloadable for 0 points.

I'm on a NTSC Wii w/ Wiikey, so maybe that's why it didn't automatically reboot.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
waninkoko.wiinewz.com is down, so the DOL link in the OP is dead. Any mirrors?
Follow up: turns out I've had it. Also there are no mirror's 'cept for tehskeen. Here ya go, anyone trying to find it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110194720/WAD-...ler_v1.zip.html
It's just the elf, dol, and readme

~~~~~~~~

Update:

This doesn't entirely work with a 3.1U US Wii and the release of Super Mario 64.
It does not install the channel, but it does something. You can buy it on the Wii shop channel for 0 points, but I'm getting wii error code 204037 at the part where Mario runs.

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aardvarks said:
DvDrmann said:
unsure.gif

TIA
did you try and use the same iso that u conerted for wad v1.1? cus if you did it wont work.
Yes, i did. I thought that might be it. I'll try a different .iso
wink2.gif

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
some odd reason 1/4 wad installations i get an error

CODE DUMP and a bunch of jibebrish during install ... so i hard reset and try again and it works (leaves a gap in my channels (easy fix by moving the channel over the gap)

is this only for putting in ISO format or even with the TP hack

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
mickthestud said:
i dont understand why is everybody is risking bricking there way to save a few measly dollars surely money cant be that tight...
The effects are reversible. Why do you assume that when someone releases something it's not tested at all and just touching something even if you know what you're doing will "brick" it?

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys, I still don't understand what could happen in the WORST case if the pirated VC-Games are installed. Is there a possibility for Big N to track that back (in case you just install the games without "buying" them for 0,- $ via the ShopChannel [or is it def. necessary to dl them from the shop again?])? Is there a (future-)risk of bricking? I'm all new to this, hope you don't get mad over a noob's question. Just wanted to know if it's kinda safe or still waaay risky...
Thanks in advance

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DukeDizko said:
Sorry guys, I still don't understand what could happen in the WORST case if the pirated VC-Games are installed. Is there a possibility for Big N to track that back (in case you just install the games without "buying" them for 0,- $ via the ShopChannel [or is it def. necessary to dl them from the shop again?])? Is there a (future-)risk of bricking? I'm all new to this, hope you don't get mad over a noob's question. Just wanted to know if it's kinda safe or still waaay risky...
Thanks in advance
IMHO, these tickets are signed by trucha signer and will fail verification in IOS37. Nintendo can add a validation process during startup to make sure all tickets are valid. If anything fails, they probably can display a corrupted file system error and won't continue to boot. I doubt Nintendo will go that far. A more probable case might be that you can to purchase these installed games but cannot download due to the existence of invalid tickets, ie you paid for it but cannot play. They will probably ask you to send your Wii in for repair.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Wii2Wii,
lol, send it to repair, sure I will
rolleyes.gif
...Well, I guess I could use the WAD-Uninstaller in case I'd want to buy a game afterwards, as Igot it that is what it was made up for.

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DukeDizko said:
Thanks Wii2Wii,
lol, send it to repair, sure I will
rolleyes.gif
...Well, I guess I could use the WAD-Uninstaller in case I'd want to buy a game afterwards, as Igot it that is what it was made up for.
I am not sure WAD-Uninstaller would work with IOS37. Might want to use it to remove the ones to buy prior to system update if it does not work. I would probably remove them all.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, same here. It's jus' not worth the risk... wonder whih game is coming with a forced update next (apart from WiiFit -> the board update afaik).

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont understand why is everybody is risking bricking there way to save a few measly dollars surely money cant be that tight...

For me to be honest its not about money at all at all its just about the fun of being able to hack the Wii and do cool things with it that your are not supposed to be doing, he he he

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mark.m.moran said:

For me to be honest its not about money at all at all its just about the fun of being able to hack the Wii and do cool things with it that your are not supposed to be doing, he he he

Same here. I don't even care to play the games, I just like going through the motions of getting this stuff to work, for the hobby of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica