Hacking Making a WAD Installer ISO

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely. Now that I read a bit, it seems as if this offers possibilities to a load of homebrew. The question is whether new generated channels (not VC-Games) "behave" like VC-games or if they can be affected by some sort of update & if Nintendo has a certain interest of banning homebrew (in contrast to pirated VC-games). Afaik / understood, the homebrew(-channels) are quite the same (technically), so the above answers (IOS37 etc.) to my question may be valid for the other stuff, too.
If s.o. knows more, please be so kind to let me know.
Btw, happy weekend everyone

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I need to ask guys is how do you go about saving your VC game, as in your progress in them? For example say I play Mario Bros. 3 for 30 mins and get to level 5. I could not see a way to save this information? The only way I could get out of the game was to prerss the home button and go back to the Wii menu. Am I missing something completely? Maybe it saves it automatically and starts off at level 5 the next time I load up the game?

Cheers,
M

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
@Mark: Nope, you're not missing anything out. The prob is that (most) games cannot be saved. The way you chose (=home/ Back to main menu) is the only way of "saving". Means you play till Level 5, go back to home, switch off the Wii, survive nuclear holocaust, turn the Wii on, choose SMB 3 channel & you are back at Level 5. All the games that used to have a battery (like Zelda III / SNES) can be saved via the classic way (ingame). Afaik, a save stat is opened in your Wii, taking some of the empty Wii-blocks for that. As you may guess, the save is loaded also in the game, just like one was used to in the ol' daze.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx for explaining that mate!

M
DukeDizko said:
@Mark: Nope, you're not missing anything out. The prob is that (most) games cannot be saved. The way you chose (=home/ Back to main menu) is the only way of "saving". Means you play till Level 5, go back to home, switch off the Wii, survive nuclear holocaust, turn the Wii on, choose SMB 3 channel & you are back at Level 5. All the games that used to have a battery (like Zelda III / SNES) can be saved via the classic way (ingame). Afaik, a save stat is opened in your Wii, taking some of the empty Wii-blocks for that. As you may guess, the save is loaded also in the game, just like one was used to in the ol' daze.

opiumx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think nintendo would go as far as bricking peoples systems who have unauthorized virtual console games on them. If they wanted to brick consoles they could have already for other reasons. Instead they have tryed other methods as seen with the SMG stuff. If they do anything about this, it will more than likely be somewhere in the lines of re authorizing peoples VC games, and disabling the ones that are not valid.

Now this is what will really piss off nintendo, modders who load up systems with every VC game and sell them on ebay. Which would bring the cash value of the games way down. That is what will more than likely bring this to an end. What I am wondering, is can you install the games, then move them over to a SD card and just plug in the card whenever you want to play the games? Maybe disable internet connection while playing?

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tried the nights iso and the manhunt2 iso as my game and get error decrypting data any ideas?

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tried the nights iso and the manhunt2 iso as my game and get error decrypting data any ideas?

edit: tried sonic riders and also go deigo go same result

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brpn said:
This is what i did. I've used Sonic Superstar Tennis and replace main.dol with sd front loader dol. See this: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebre...t_SD_ELF_Loader.
Then, I copied all the ELFs to a /elf on the sd. Insert DVD and SD and launch DVD game. Use gc controller to select elf (wadinstalle v2) to launch. Make sure you copy WADs to /wad.

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii2wii said:
brpn said:
This is what i did. I've used Sonic Superstar Tennis and replace main.dol with sd front loader dol. See this: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebre...t_SD_ELF_Loader.
Then, I copied all the ELFs to a /elf on the sd. Insert DVD and SD and launch DVD game. Use gc controller to select elf (wadinstalle v2) to launch. Make sure you copy WADs to /wad.

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to try this out myself.

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok am i doing somthing wrong? are there more keys to import into the signer? i just tried the zelda iso and get the same thing.

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brpn said:
ok am i doing somthing wrong? are there more keys to import into the signer? i just tried the zelda iso and get the same thing.
just guessing but make sure the "key" you've replaced is exactly like the one from "key.bin", complete with commas.
First time i copy/pasted to the .reg file and didn't insert commas.

brpn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i think i missed somthing whats the key.bin? the signer i got had the wiikeyset.reg which i imported into the registry..looks like i am missing somthing..can you help?

edit: trying this now http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76657

EDIT: got the key.bin file hexedited the reg file and inserted the key from the key.bin into the .reg imported it and still no go wtf!!!

edit: omg finally got it gd lol!!!

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brpn said:
ok i think i missed somthing whats the key.bin? the signer i got had the wiikeyset.reg which i imported into the registry..looks like i am missing somthing..can you help?

edit: trying this now http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76657

EDIT: got the key.bin file hexedited the reg file and inserted the key from the key.bin into the .reg imported it and still no go wtf!!!

edit: omg finally got it gd lol!!!
woof!

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DvDrmann said:
aardvarks said:
DvDrmann said:
Anyone else have this problem:
My first attempt was a success(Thank-you Hit) but i wanted to change from WAD v1.1 to WAD v2 so i could install multiple *.wad's.
But, when trying to replace the main.dol in Trucha, the Trucha proggie gives me an error about the size of the replacement .dol has to be of "equal or lesser value".
So, i guess i must have to try to modify another .iso (originally used Myth Makers Super Kart). Or maybe we can't use v2.
unsure.gif

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA
did you try and use the same iso that u conerted for wad v1.1? cus if you did it wont work.
Yes, i did. I thought that might be it. I'll try a different .iso
wink2.gif
Just an update aardvarks. It worked on another .iso
wink2.gif

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hit said:
I made a small tutorial how to make a WAD Installer ISO, which works with the SD Card, so you only need to burn it ones and only have to replace the Wad file on the SD Card
There is no TP Hack required it will work immediately

What do you need:
-A Modchip
-Wad Installer DOL (http://waninkoko.wiinewz.com/WAD-Installer_v1.zip)
-Trucha Signer
-Wad File to install
-SD card
-A DVD burner
-A DVD
-DVD Burning software

The Tutorial:
1.Download the Wad Installer and extract it somewhere
2.Open Trucha Signer and select a game iso(It doesn't matter what)
3.Right Click the Main.Dol of the second partition
4.Click Replace and replace it with the wad-installer.dol
5.Sign the partition and close Trucha Signer
6.Now burn the iso to a DVD
7.Ones the burning has finished you can put the burned dvd in the Wii
8.Now connect you SD Card to your computer
9.And in the root of the SD Card place the wad file and rename it to title.wad
10.Now you can start the DVD and the WAD Installer will boot up
11.Press 1+2 or the Red Sync button
12.Ones it says the wiimote is connected press A
13.The Wad Installer will now install the WAD file to the wii system this will take a minute
14.When it's finished it will automaticly reboot the wii and the Channel should be there

Result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5DFdqqxcM

Will this method work to make a wad uninstaller iso ?

barrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barrow said:
wii2wii said:
brpn said:

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to try this out myself.

I just tried this method out. It worked FLAWLESSLY. This definitely just became my method of choice. Thanks for this tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1