make volume louder on PC

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Osaka, Oct 8, 2008.

Oct 8, 2008

make volume louder on PC by Osaka at 4:57 AM (4,240 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Osaka
    OP

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK, I have vista, but I don't know if that has anything to do with anything... but

is there something you can download to make my volume louder? -o- with headphones in, and everything max volume, everything is still quiet and sometimes with talking I cant hear what they say

or is there some setting I'm missing? (I have checked every sound option that I know of, and even checked in the setup when first turning on the computer to see if there was a cap set, and cant find anything)

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    maybe its the video/song itself that has a very low audio? have u tried with other files?

3. Osaka
    OP

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    some things are perfect, but shouldnt it be that most things are too loud, and few things are perfect? not some things are perfect, and most things are too quiet?

4. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    does it get loud enough with speakers (that you don't turn all the way up)? maybe it's your headphones

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you have FFDshow (comes with most codec packs) as your audio decoder (and frankly this side of silly money it probably is the best around) then you have the option of boosting volume with software (other players may have similar options but to go into them all would take ages.
    Some pictures
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?&t=719041

Go to the volume box and check normalise, then you can also add to the volume (although if you normalise and then add volume you may get some clipping if you listen hard enough). You can also use the mixer if you really want.

You mention voices as well, a human voice is normally of a somewhat different frequency to to music so check your current sound options are not set to "music" if you have a cinema/film.... option (you can boost or lower certain frequencies using FFDshow as well).