Hacking Make new bubbles?

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
I have two questions one which is not related to topic.

1. Is it possible to make your own bubbles to launch retroarch psx games?

2. How do you make retroarch cheats work?

Best regards!!

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying, yeah. I have his "bubbles" for gba games just no clue how to do it myself with psx or even nes.

I found out the cheat is not supported yet, atleast from google and reddit its not so important anymore as there's loads of save editors that can apply small cheats, nothing gamebreaking and saves you time :)

Would be wonderful if anyone can chime in on how to do these bubbles because I love them bubbles!
Thanks alot in advance

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, Very Nice that the guide is there however as much as I tried I cant understand shit, anyone with some english skill wanna do a quick translate?

Best regards!!

xfxmrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Istall Google translate plugin to your browser, it's not perfect but still.

"First of all I want to thank lalalanno has changed the eboot of RealBoy of Xerpi to load the desired ROM directly without having to select it.
I've only limited to change two things eboot, put it in safe mode and change one thing for every game that I explain below where this (I have also reviewed the eboot for references to system partitions case), LiveArea change images and edit the PARAM.SFO.

- Requirements:

PS Vita / TV in 3.60 with HenKaku
A Hex editor, for example HxD
A backup game that we create the bubble
Compressor png images online
Bubble template
- Tutorial:

1. First get off the template to create I leave the bubble, the template is yellow pokemon if someone wants to use it.

2. Once down, draw the entire contents to a folder to which we have easy access to work smoothly.

3. Yet decompressed and opened the Eboot.bin with HxD or that you use them and we go to the 23448 position there we will find a string that puts PokemonAmarillo.elf, we changed the name to the game that we create the bubble, for example SuperMariosBors.elf (avoid putting very long names).
4. Save the Eboot.bin, now let's open the PARAM.SFO (it is within sce_sys) with HxD and edit it to our liking.
As you see in the picture, in the 2C8 position and 2FC we will put the name of our game and the 37C position will the installation directory, id changing the last number for each bubble game, if you can not overwrite the games, for example GBC000002, GBC000003, GBC000004 ........

5. Now we will sce_sys \ LiveArea \ contents \ roms and there will our ROM, rename the rom such that it is all lowercase, no spaces and that the name is not too long to avoid problems such pkamarillo.gbc.

6. Now you're almost all echo, just need you to put your own images to the bubble (all have to be in .png), the ICON0.PNG is the bubble icon, this has to go on a 128x128, the bg.png is the largest image that comes to open the bubble, this is in 840x500 and startup.png is that we give to start the game, it has to go in 280x158, once we have the three lists use the compressor online images that you put .In the template.xml can add text if we want to change the startup.png LiveArea and position, if we style = "psmobile" the little sign to start will be to the right of the page and if put it in style = "a1" the cartelito will focus, as you put whatever you want.

7. Now we just need to compress everything in zip format and then rename it to .VPK and install it.

8. Now to enjoy the game, saved games are in ux0: data / gb / nombredeljuego.sav to put full screen display the game press R1.

I have some photos of as is everything at the end."

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OH thank you kindly, too bad its limited to that realboy emulator, wish there was a way for psx games on retro!!

I will install that translation plugin, thanks again!!

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why only realboy emulator? You have tried to use same method on a retro emu? (maybe by changing the folder name [ex: RETR00001] to do not overwrite the emualtor's one)

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the eboot been modified to run games directly from realboy, the same modification needs to be done on retroarch and I dont know how.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Obviously the string 23448 in Hex editor its not the same for other eboot.bin
Anyway this is only the name that bubble will have (i suppose you must find retroarch emu file name with elf extension in hex editor and change with rom name. For example: find retroarch_gpsp.elf and change with, idk, pokemonfirered.elf). And then you need to change param.sfo and pictures (param.sfo you can use either hxd and paramsfo editor of ps3tools i suppose). The only thing idk is the folder name (RETR00XX). For sure if you use the original name, you'll overwrite the generic emulator (and so, you'll be able to launch only the rom inside the bubble emu). This thing idk if you can use any name as you want or must have the original with only last numbers changed (RETR001, RETR002 etc.) (and anyway you can ruin the other retroarch emus if you use the same number of other RA core)...

Last edited by Lord M,

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, either way I dont know how.
If somnade can modify the retroarch psx eboot the rest is easier.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think you need to change this with the name of game + .elf
(This is for pcsx rearmed 10/10 build)
http://oi67.tinypic.com/p118n.jpg

Simply do a search on eboot.bin with hxd by searching .elf as a text string (to get eboot.bin, simply open the .vpk file with 7zip)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No way. I'd got an error near the installation ending.
Maybe this trick work only on individual emulators (even the separate RA's cores i think is treated as one emulator)

Reactions: Sphere

Sphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes well, I tried now just to modify the eboot changed name and param.sfo, didnt work.
So until someone modifies the eboot from retroarch psx eboot to load a rom directly from "whatever folder of choice" preferbly inside livescreen / content / rom
this wont install nor work.

I need a tutorial for this!
anyone wanna help out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker