Gaming Majora's Mask (NTSC, VC) on PAL Wii?

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I haven't done any modification work to my Wii in a long time, and I'm looking to install a copy of NTSC-U Majora's Mask. I've found a few Wads with some "must have" files and installed them too, but when I boot it I get audio problems, constantly...

So I'm guessing this is an injected WAD of sorts? I did some googling, a lot of people talking about it, no answers though.

I'm learning to speed run Majora's Mask and I'd rather begin learning it on the NTSC-U VC version (the superior version to the others) rather than play on an Emulator that's prone to crash or play on PAL which is terrible and runs at 25fps (50hz) instead of NTSC which runs at 30fps (60hz).

I have a fully compatiable NTSC tv, no worries there... I just don't know where to begin at making this run correctly...

You'd be assisting me in getting a really good time eventually in Majora's Mask... but I really don't want to pay $200+ for a NTSC Wii with Gamecube ports, so I hope you guys can assist me..

Thanks.

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You could try looking up "any region changer" to change the region of your wad. I haven't used it myself, so I don't really know if it works...

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
look for an official pal wad (not an old injected version) worked for me no probs (on pal wii) - didn't have to install any other files or anything (& that was when it was first released on VC)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
a coder named Stev418 created a special loader that you can insert into VC wads with wwpacker. I have a Majora's Mask wad that's forced to run in 60hz on a PAL Wii but the rules say you can't link to direct pirate material, sorry.

here's the loader if you want it. Rename the IOS53loader.bin to just loader.bin and place it within the wwpacker directory, then drag the NTSC wad to wwpacker_loader something, I can't remember exactly what the exe was called.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgteoedn0jzw3mk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.