Gaming Majora's mask 3DS, please let it happen.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i dont want to argue here, but if you look at second hand sales on ebay, i can get god of war 1 &2 boxed original copies for like £5 including postage, then the HD remake is £20....so works out considerably cheaper to buy the originals, where as majora's mask buying an original copy which is cart only will cost around £30-35 and boxed is around £50....the simple fact is people value nintendo's work more than sony'........are people right for doing this? well that's their decision, does it mean majora's mask is better than god of war.....again thats up to the end user to decide, and if nintendo can make a profit and not do much work, and still be giving people what they want......who is to complain, i would personally like a new zelda game on the wii u, but i can also see the appeal of a majora's mask remake

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering all the other games that didnt have TP dark and gritty graphics, chances are slim this style will ever return to us

Your probably right although to this date Twilight Princess is the best selling Zelda game ever followed by Ocarina of time.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is they could be dedicating resources to better projects and trying to, hell, do something new than stick to the same old IPs. But if people continue to buy it, they'll just continue this trend. They fleeced you with Ocarina of Time for $40, fleeced you again with Wind Waker HD for $60, and now people are still convinced that paying $40 for Majora's Mask again is okay, when that $40 could be spent on an original Zelda game or, hell, an original IP.
Just a correction, Wind Waker HD was priced at $50 at release. In the case of WWHD it's pretty obvious they remade the game from scratch and worked a lot in adding new modes, change gameplay and add new fuctions.

With OoT3D it may not look so obvious, but they also made many changes to the game. Starting with 30 fps against the 15~25 fps from the n64 version (I was actually shocked to see how choppy the original version is after playing the 3DS version), the new menu interface which let you switch items, save the game and look at the map much more easily. The game also includes new modes like Boss Battle mode, it includes the Master Quest which was only released in a promotional disc for the Gamecube and is quite rare.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already done.....majoras mask........ on the 3DS :rofl2:
url
ALBW_Majoras_Mask.jpg

idk i liked majoras mask but i would also like to see some new zelda games, not just remakes all the time......although maybe they going to start the ....new game.....remake....new game etc etc, that pokemon seems to be doing now

i would probably prefer to see it remade on the wii u aswell, windwaker didnr really have much room for improvement with it being cellshaded, i would like to see a "proper" zelda remade in HD, there was a majoras mask remake spoof some time back which looked awesome

tell me this is not 1000x better than a 3ds remake would be

That's 1000x better than a wiiu version would be.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They said that tomorrow will be an announcement of a BIG 3DS tittle, and Zelda Williams has not made her "Special announcement" yet. AAAND, in the Smash Invitational, when Zelda took the stage to play, a Majora´s Mask replica was put on the stage too... coincidence?

Reactions: Vengenceonu

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a really cool idea for a Zelda game:

What if there was a Zelda game where you thought for the majority of the game you were one of the many Links as he looks very similar to Link, albeit something is slightly off. And then halfway through the game, a huge twist is revealed as you inadvertently do something to alter/mutate your body (maybe you've destroyed a different Evil that threatened Hyrule, but in doing so you were left with a horrible curse), and once the mutation/curse takes hold and you get a good look at yourself, you realize that you are Ganondorf, and you had been the entire time. And then you play more and it turns out you're actually the Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time, and you play through events from that same game from a completely different perspective. And (here is the best part), seven years later at the final fight it is you vs. Link. But you kill Link, because this is the version of the story that takes place in the part of the split timeline where the hero fails.

I mean technically just about all of that is a Legend of Zelda story that we know for sure happened. I guess we don't know Ganondorf's entire history, but I could see it being possible that at one point he could have been a righteous/noble character that something awful happened to and changed him forever.

Reactions: signz

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is they could be dedicating resources to better projects and trying to, hell, do something new than stick to the same old IPs. But if people continue to buy it, they'll just continue this trend. They fleeced you with Ocarina of Time for $40, fleeced you again with Wind Waker HD for $60, and now people are still convinced that paying $40 for Majora's Mask again is okay, when that $40 could be spent on an original Zelda game or, hell, an original IP.

Ocarina of Time 3DS came out around the same time Skyward Sword was in development, I don't think HD remakes being made by Grezzo are affecting Nintendo's resources. Also, I wouldn't mind spending $40 bucks on the original N64 copy of Ocarina of Time if it gave me entertainment, so I easily don't mind spending $40 for an HD remake on a handheld. The game itself also has a Master Quest and the original adventure on one cartridge with a new feature allowing you to re-fight bosses. How we feel about this is strictly opinion based, so I guess there is no point in me trying to convince you to like what I like. lol

Reactions: RukaRoaw

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said that tomorrow will be an announcement of a BIG 3DS tittle, and Zelda Williams has not made her "Special announcement" yet. AAAND, in the Smash Invitational, when Zelda took the stage to play, a Majora´s Mask replica was put on the stage too... coincidence?

Her surprise could have been her making an appearance in the smash invitational.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i dont want to argue here, but if you look at second hand sales on ebay, i can get god of war 1 &2 boxed original copies for like £5 including postage, then the HD remake is £20....so works out considerably cheaper to buy the originals, where as majora's mask buying an original copy which is cart only will cost around £30-35 and boxed is around £50....the simple fact is people value nintendo's work more than sony'........are people right for doing this? well that's their decision, does it mean majora's mask is better than god of war.....again thats up to the end user to decide, and if nintendo can make a profit and not do much work, and still be giving people what they want......who is to complain, i would personally like a new zelda game on the wii u, but i can also see the appeal of a majora's mask remake
To be fair, you're comparing consoles with a large difference in produced numbers of the said games. Also PSP games are available on PSN. If you compared DS games to PSP games, you'd see the same thing as what has happened to the PSP games: even original Nintendo game are going for only a few £.

But as I've said before, HD collections are cool and all, but should be priced accordingly. I've yet to pay RRP for a Nintendo remake since I got OoT with my 3DS and WW HD with my WiiU purchase. Still I'd say the PS collections bring just as much value for the money and in some cases more. Tales if Symphonia chronicles is a good example of this, 2 HD remakes for the price of less than one new game.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To be fair, you're comparing consoles with a large difference in produced numbers of the said games. Also PSP games are available on PSN. If you compared DS games to PSP games, you'd see the same thing as what has happened to the PSP games: even original Nintendo game are going for only a few £.

But as I've said before, HD collections are cool and all, but should be priced accordingly. I've yet to pay RRP for a Nintendo remake since I got OoT with my 3DS and WW HD with my WiiU purchase. Still I'd say the PS collections bring just as much value for the money and in some cases more. Tales if Symphonia chronicles is a good example of this, 2 HD remakes for the price of less than one new game.
To be fair I just compared the 2 games he mentioned, whilst I agree an old game should not cost the same as a new game,I was simply comparing the difference in demand for such titles, wind walker still costs a fair bit second hand on ebay too and that's hardly a super rare game, and as I said before it's just a simple matter of what people are willing to pay for a game........also I bought wind walker HD for £15 and oot 3D for £10 so it's not like buying them at full price is the only option, yeah Nintendo charges a bit much for remakes, but obviously people must be happy to pay it.........as I said different audiences want different things, and nobody is forcing people who think the price is too steep to buy it.......you can just wait and pick it up second hand after a few months

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To be fair I just compared the 2 games he mentioned, whilst I agree an old game should not cost the same as a new game,I was simply comparing the difference in demand for such titles, wind walker still costs a fair bit second hand on ebay too and that's hardly a super rare game, and as I said before it's just a simple matter of what people are willing to pay for a game........also I bought wind walker HD for £15 and oot 3D for £10 so it's not like buying them at full price is the only option, yeah Nintendo charges a bit much for remakes, but obviously people must be happy to pay it.........as I said different audiences want different things, and nobody is forcing people who think the price is too steep to buy it.......you can just wait and pick it up second hand after a few months
I agree, but wind waker is quite a rate title if you consider it has about 3 million units made in total. If you add even a part of the people with a Wii, you'll see the rarity. But I digress.

I'm happy with the best of both worlds, eg PS4/WiiU and PSVita/3DS available :)

Reactions: gamesquest1

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but wind waker is quite a rate title if you consider it has about 3 million units made in total. If you add even a part of the people with a Wii, you'll see the rarity. But I digress.

I almost bought a copy of Wind Waker for $3 at a local record store. It's not that rare.

Reactions: omgpwn666

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

windwaker sold 3.07 million copies........i think its safe to say more than 3 million copies existed, as games never sell 100% of all created copies , and its stops being tracked after a while so the total would probably be higher than that......not much but say 3.5 million, then there would be left over stock that would be returned to wholesalers/nintendo or sold off once the stores stopped stocking the game, but again it doesn't change the fact that a lot of people collect nintendo stuff and hold it in a lot higher esteem than alot of other franchises, sony's reputation as far as making games is more of a play and bin/resell mentality, i kinda struggle to think of any games for the PS2 that have any sort of high price tag attached as there simply isn't many people collecting them

again im not saying nintendo's games are any better/worse than sony's just that there are plenty of nintendo fans who respect the company, whereas sony just has the masses who just want a new game every few weeks, in actual fact it could be that nintendo are taking advantage of their fans but that's just how business works i'm afraid

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country

In fairness, Wind Waker HD's graphics were a massive step up from the GameCube version, and they added a bunch of extra stuff (GamePad support, for one). Besides, you're comparing ports of the last generation (God of War collection), which require a modest touch-up or importing models from a newer game in the series, with ports from several generations ago that needed an entire graphics overhaul that had no newer models to backport because the art style was different. Recent collections are usually bundled together because the games have stopped selling individually, and the publisher wants to squeeze a little extra money out of them where people would normally buy the individual games second hand. You can't really compare them to a remake/port when they've had no work done to them.

Also your complaints about Nintendo ripping people off seem unjust. For a start, you're complaining about a game that was launched at $50 (not $60), $10 cheaper than the RRP of a typical Wii U, PS4 or XBox One new release. As for collections, the Wii got the Metroid Prime Trilogy with new play controls for the price of one game. The GameCube got the Zelda collector's disc with Wind Waker (4 games, including Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask). Plus, right now on the Wii U you can get Wind Waker HD (or some other game of your choosing) for free if you buy Mario Kart 8. Granted, I'm usually the first to complain about Nintendo's games have been out 3 years and are still priced close to RRP when third-party games from around the same era are about half the price, but I do think they're improving steadily.

Not that I'm one of those people who complains about "$40 collection games". Because I'm not. I think they're great. It's more that it seems like all your posts in Nintendo-related threads are just full of negativity and you rarely have anything positive to say.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GameCube got the Zelda collector's disc with Wind Waker (4 games, including Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask).
those werent retail discs though
ocarina of time collection was a pre-order bonus for wind waker
zelda collection was a free game inside a gamecube bundle

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
those werent retail discs though
ocarina of time collection was a pre-order bonus for wind waker
zelda collection was a free game inside a gamecube bundle

Right. My point is that Nintendo aren't always the tightwads Guild makes them out to be, they have generous moments just like those companies nice enough to offer 4 or 5 games in one collection. While those weren't retail offerings, they made retail offerings better value for money. It's not much different to those publishers offering a single game from the collection, but also bundling the others on a bonus disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk