Gaming Majora's Mask 3D, OoT 3D, or Link Between Worlds?

Steph72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
its just funny that you are asking in this forum.. because this forum is FREE and many people are sharing it for FREE..

in any case have you ever played zelda games?

If not: choose Ocarina of Time because this will familiarize you to the zelda series (the background the characters etc)

If yes: either the mask or the link between worlds because this two games are so closed to each other that rather ill say its a tie..
Majoras Mask = there are times you can be chibi you can be a hermit fish and other monster thingy
Link between worlds = is a good twist that they added in the adventure puzzle is that you can became a painting that can travel through walls and etc
why its a tie? both games when it comes to dungeon, boss fighting and story are very satisfying

enjoy playing :)

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would say Majora has aged better graphically (if we're talking original n64 titles), but the difficulty spike and waiting around required in MM are gonna be much harder for modern gamers.

Now of course allowing the song of double time to skip to specific hours will mitigate this somewhat in MM3D.

In my experience it's harder to get modern gamers interested in MM than OoT.
Yes you might have a point, i used to prefer OOT when it was released. It took me a few years before i really learned to appreciate MM. And now i find the music and paste better than OOT.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
OoT 3D - if you really like old school games. (This is from someone who missed the N64 release.) There were some moments of "Are you on the fucking moon?" because of the sequence of events that you needed to trigger to get it done. The infamous water temple has been fixed and you have at least a visual guide to where you need to go. The base game is very easy - but the sidequests and everything else need a guide.

Link to Between Worlds - possibly the most visually appealing of the three games! Seriously, it's very pretty. It's probably the shortest game in the 3DS series of LoZ games with me clocking in at around a week's worth of play. But the mechanics make it fun and worth the cash. I think there were some puzzles that had me cussing because they rely on 3D tricks and I have trouble with that.

Majora's Mask - good storyline, good visuals, but I hated the time mechanics. I like exploring in LoZ games, but having a restrictive time limit makes me want to die. However, it's a good game, but...just make sure you have a guide on hand for some of the sidequests.

jaap123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Get them all 3 and not through eshop but cartridge wise if you want it legit.

You can buy here OOT now for 15 bucks new on cartridge or 7 bucks second handed.
MM is still expensive because it's the newer version but gainable easily for 20 bucks
The 2D zelda goes for 15 bucks. so together 37-40 bucks will get you all of them.

E-shop prices are insanely overpriced.

Personally i opt for OOT for the reason.

It's more like BoTW, timeless and you can take your time doing stuff your own way. With MM you will feel constantly rushed because of the time that passes and reset everything you did. It's something completely opposite of what made OOT great and also why MM is in general seen as the lesser version of the two.

OOT on the 3DS is also a really well done port, it loses only some of the darker fibe the n64 has, but content wise and visually its packed. I really like master quest which basically is a harder version of the game but the whole world is mirrored. Which is incredible confusing and almost feels like the game is fresh again if you know your way throught it.

They also have extra boss challenges but the main game has already a lot of content if you never played it before, to keep you busy for quit some time. Specially if you like to 100% it.

I also really like the child and adult section of the game, really well done.

MM however isn't bad, it's also a really well done game so you didn't really mess up here with buying. The fun thing is the game has something equal towards mario odessey with head transformations. You can have masks and transforms in loads of creatures that adds towards the gameplay. So this will be for sure a fresh new zelda once you are done with OOT and could be interesting. The game however will be something you absolutely love or just straight up hate. It's a hit and miss with people.

2D zelda's not a fan off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls