seriously tho this is great news can't wait for a release
smile.gif

BELagwagon

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
perhaps consider asking giantpune in a private message...???

Here is his answer to the question : "When will you release the Mailbomb hack ?"

> there is never a release date set for any homebrew. i cant go into any more details about it.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'd bet my Wii that this exploit will be released eventually. If you need to know 100% for sure, then wait for it to be released before donating... but it's giantpune we're talking about. He might work on a lot of private projects and never release them... but AFAIK he's never gone public with something and not released it. So just be patient, I'm sure we'll see the exploit soon enough

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
but he's never gone public with something and not released it.
O RLY?
"at 5:03, a program is started that actually makes a change to the Wii to fix the 003 Error."

Someone whispered to me that pune is trying to sell both the 003 fixer and the mail box exploit to whoever is willing to pay for such a thing, i.e. people like Argon or those "Unlock Your Wii!" websites. Then after he gets paid he's going to release them for free anyway. I have no idea if this is true or not but I would consider it a pretty low act if he did.
(It's also silly to point out a system flaw if you plan to attempt to make money off it - someone is bound to reproduce your hack for free...)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
XFlak said:
O RLY?
"at 5:03, a program is started that actually makes a change to the Wii to fix the 003 Error."

Someone whispered to me that pune is trying to sell both the 003 fixer and the mail box exploit to whoever is willing to pay for such a thing [..] Then after he gets paid he's going to release them for free anyway. I have no idea if this is true or not but I would consider it a pretty low act if he did.

Don't see any problem with that. It's not like there aren't other numerous exploits available of which he has released 3(?) for free. If he wants money for his work, why not?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
XFlak said:
O RLY?

Someone whispered to me that pune is trying to sell both the 003 fixer and the mail box exploit to whoever is willing to pay for such a thing, i.e. people like Argon or those "Unlock Your Wii!" websites. Then after he gets paid he's going to release them for free anyway. I have no idea if this is true or not but I would consider it a pretty low act if he did.
(It's also silly to point out a system flaw if you plan to attempt to make money off it - someone is bound to reproduce your hack for free...)

holier than thou much? are these the type of posts we can expect from now on?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
If he wants money for his work, why not?
Because it's not only his work. I offered contributions to both the projects I mentioned with the assumption that they would be released for free, not auctioned off to the highest bidder.
QUOTEholier than thou much? are these the type of posts we can expect from now on?
If I was misinformed pune is more than welcome to step in and say so.

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Because it's not only his work. I offered contributions to both the projects I mentioned with the assumption that they would be released for free, not auctioned off to the highest bidder.

So not only is it auctioned off to the highest bidder he's taking donations from the average joe in the street with no date of release and also screwing people that played a part in the creation at the same time hehe, he'll go far rofl

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It'll get leaked to the internet anyway.

Not the point, I personally don't need it nor want it but some have donated and don't have it and don't know when they are gonna get it.

Don't ever pay for a pair of shoes without trying them on.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumper said:
QUOTE said:
It'll get leaked to the internet anyway.

Not the point, I personally don't need it nor want it but some have donated and don't have it and don't know when they are gonna get it.

Don't ever pay for a pair of shoes without trying them on.

Well really they should have known better than to pay for an exploit.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
QUOTE(Bumper @ Aug 8 2011, 10:06 PM) So not only is it auctioned off to the highest bidder he's taking donations from the average joe in the street with no date of release and also screwing people that played a part in the creation at the same time hehe, he'll go far rofl
pune is not forcing anyone to donate. pune is not 'screwing' anyone who has 'offered' their contributions. If anything, pune will only be 'screwing' those stupid Homebreware and James Dean scammers, but chances are that they won't pay for it, especially with the wii scene being nearly dead.

For someone who still taking classes and does hackery and programming for fun, and has already provided a lot to this community and has gotten very little back, he still needs to feed himself and pay for his needs. I know hundreds of college kids that do things like sell drugs, gamble, be loan sharks, work at KFC, or wash cars, or hundreds of other things just so they can make a little extra cash so they can survive. Give the man a break. He's done enough here and a few people are going to piss and moan because he hasn't given away his work for free...yet? It will eventually come. He knows if he releases it to even one person then it will be shared like crazy.

I've donated to pune a few times in the past. And if my paypal account wasn't locked then I would donate cash to him again.

Certainly, pissing and moaning and bitching about the way he does things will more than likely cause him to not release it at all. Would you give something to a bunch of people that are bitching about you? I know I wouldn't.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
For someone who still taking classes and does hackery and programming for fun, and has already provided a lot to this community and has gotten very little back, he still needs to feed himself and pay for his needs.
All these time I thought giantpune is a feminist woman, because of his avatar. Also, I thought he is close to Heremes age (~40).
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo