Alonorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
WataruKun said:
Yep, you did something wrong. Should definitely take more than 3 seconds.
should it? weird, mine takes about 2-5 seconds depending on what else is open, and it has all the translations when I play it... usually the 0kb file will pop up after 1 second, then it will become the correct size 2-3 seconds later.

That's probably because you have a nice processor
tongue.gif

mike10522

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike10522 said:
I downloaded Xenophobia dump, and patched, when i opened the gui and tried patching soul silver, it took like 3 seconds, i loaded the game but the into is not translated is this correct? or is there some reason why it isn't patching?

I got past the into, talked to "Mom" and it isn't translating, following what it says to do on the first post, but isn't patching

mike10522 said:
QUOTE(mike10522 @ Oct 20 2009, 07:00 PM) I downloaded Xenophobia dump, and patched, when i opened the gui and tried patching soul silver, it took like 3 seconds, i loaded the game but the into is not translated is this correct? or is there some reason why it isn't patching?

I got past the into, talked to "Mom" and it isn't translating, following what it says to do on the first post, but isn't patching

still has problem -.-'

well that's nice but could someone help me with mine -.-'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Download Magnius' V 3.1 patch.
2) Once Finished Downloading, Extract the Files to a Folder or to your Desktop.
3) Get a CLEAN CLEAN Pokemon Soul Silver or Heart Gold Rom.
4) Open xDeltaGUI.
5) Select the required Patch for your Rom for the "SELECT PATCH" Button
6) For the "SELECT ROM" Button, Select your CLEAN Pokemon HG/SS Rom.
7) Click Apply Patch.
8) WAIT FOR THE FREAKIN GUI TO FULLY Patch the ROM. (In that case, you SHOULD WAIT for it to be Patched, which takes 15-20 Seconds to be fully patched that does not result in a 0kb NDS File.)
9) You should be getting a "_patched" Rom at the end of your NDS Rom name.
There you go, you got your Patched, partially translated rom.
**REMEMBER TO ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE ROM TO BE FULLY PATCHED WHEN CLICKING ON "APPLY PATCH" DON'T JUST CLOSE THE GUI THAT FAST. WAIT FOR IT TO TAKE EFFECT.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can make the videos but I need to know
1.Do you need audio?
2.what emu to use?
3.settings
4.recording program I'm thinking camstasia
5.Do I have to play at normal speed?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
1.Do you need audio?
2.what emu to use?
3.settings

2) NO$GBA.
5) Yes. (We want Everyone to be Able to See Magnius' Translated text.
smile.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
1.Do you need audio?
2.what emu to use?
3.settings
1. Nope
5. Yes

Don't care about the other stuff.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alonorin said:
bwillb said:
WataruKun said:
Yep, you did something wrong. Should definitely take more than 3 seconds.
should it? weird, mine takes about 2-5 seconds depending on what else is open, and it has all the translations when I play it... usually the 0kb file will pop up after 1 second, then it will become the correct size 2-3 seconds later.

That's probably because you have a nice processor
tongue.gif
nice 3 years ago maybe hah... c2d 2.4ghz
tongue.gif

btw, purplesludge... camtasia would probably be the best bet, it can split and automatically resize and optimize for youtube... or another video site which it can automatically upload to. good luck with No$, mine likes to crash for some reason XD could be the 64 bit OS maybe...

mrbillishere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun - Thank You for the latest version 3.1 - really good stuff. I wasn't that far in the game so I have restarted and I am noticing a lot more stuff in English now. Awesome work sir.

One question for the community, if someone else with a M3DS Real could weigh in. I'm using the latest System for M3i Zero & M3DS Real(29-09-2009).V4.5Beta X, and like some others, I found that the game froze when accessing the pokegear. So, I did the arm7 fix that soulbad provided and summer02 outlined on page 150, and that worked.

But now I found a glitch that doesn't occur when running on no$gba (without the arm7 fix) and I'm looking for info. I just beat the first gym in Violet. And if I go into the pokecenter and talk to the guy standing behind and to the right of the computer (near the escalator) he says a lot of untranslated stuff, then asks you yes/no. If I say yes when running on my flashcart, the game hangs on a black screen with only audio. Same behavior as prior to the arm7 fix when I opened the pokegear.

Just wondering if anyone can explain what the arm7 file's purpose is. I searched a lot on this when I was going to set it up in the first place (using older v3 patch) and while there's a lot of hits, none go into the purpose directly. Seems like those that know take it for granted that it's something really basic we all should know
unsure.gif

Would a video demonstrating this help? I haven't made one yet because this issue isn't directly related to the translation - it works on no$gba - but I'd be happy to cobble something together if it'd help.

Thanks.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrbillishere said:
But now I found a glitch that doesn't occur when running on no$gba (without the arm7 fix) and I'm looking for info. I just beat the first gym in Violet. And if I go into the pokecenter and talk to the guy standing behind and to the right of the computer (near the escalator) he says a lot of untranslated stuff, then asks you yes/no. If I say yes when running on my flashcart, the game hangs on a black screen with only audio. Same behavior as prior to the arm7 fix when I opened the pokegear.

Just wondering if anyone can explain what the arm7 file's purpose is. I searched a lot on this when I was going to set it up in the first place (using older v3 patch) and while there's a lot of hits, none go into the purpose directly. Seems like those that know take it for granted that it's something really basic we all should know
unsure.gif

wikipediaARM7 is a generation of ARM processor designs. This generation introduced the Thumb 16-bit instruction set which provides improved code density compared to previous designs. The most widely used ARM7 designs implement the ARMv4T architecture, but some implement ARMv3 or ARMv5TEJ. All these designs use a Von Neumann architecture, so the few versions which include a cache do not separate data and instruction caches.
Found this from wikipedia. The link to the actual page is this.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New info on beta 4:

- It'll probably be up to Mahogany or Blackthorn, passed Ecruteak.

- Most of the radio channels on the Pokegear will be translated.

- Due to people having problems caused by prepatching Rudolph's patch, the next beta will NOT be pre-patched and you will have to patch it with Rudolph's patch yourself.

- A lot more of the overall Pokegear will be finished.

- The Apricorn Case will probably be translated.

- A LOT more items will be translated.

wazzzzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
New info on beta 4:

- Due to people having problems caused by prepatching Rudolph's patch, the next beta will NOT be pre-patched and you will have to patch it with Rudolph's patch yourself.

nice.....

Alonorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
New info on beta 4:

will you include the patch? even just a link to it would be great XD (when you release the next beta of course!!!
tongue.gif
)

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
New info on beta 4:

Im gonna take it that you mean you'll do Ecruteak and then whatevers to the right of it, Or were you suggesting that you'd do all the way to Cianwood and back!
ohmy.gif

As the post above said, could you include Rudolph's patch in the zip file then please? I dont know if I sound needy or not though but could you not just release 2 versions of it? I dont like the idea of dual patching, It tends to cause unwanted issues. Patching over a patch
tongue.gif
But I dont know how it will function with your's so I guess we'll wait and see

Regardless thanks for your continued work and I'm looking forward to testing Beta 4!

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
WataruKun said:
New info on beta 4:

Im gonna take it that you mean you'll do Ecruteak and then whatevers to the right of it, Or were you suggesting that you'd do all the way to Cianwood and back!
ohmy.gif

As the post above said, could you include Rudolph's patch in the zip file then please? I dont know if I sound needy or not though but could you not just release 2 versions of it? I dont like the idea of dual patching, It tends to cause unwanted issues. Patching over a patch
tongue.gif
But I dont know how it will function with your's so I guess we'll wait and see

Regardless thanks for your continued work and I'm looking forward to testing Beta 4!

I'm 99% sure you could find Rudolphs patch on here if you spent 30 seconds looking, but I understand your point, it would be easier (for us) if it was included in the .zip with the next patch. Also, just because I have O.C.D. when it comes to the grammar error, yours not your's (it would be even better if you said "your patch" but that's personal preference, yours sounds so... Clumsy
tongue.gif
).

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Forget it, I've wasted my time replying to this guy. He's not here to do anything but stir the pot.

He did a completely reasonable post, and you brush it off like he's trolling.

He's completely right. No translators ever ask people to make videos for them, they translate the games themselves, then they go back and fix whatever mistakes are pointed out. You're just trying to get people to get you popular on youtube, too bad for you the only ones buying this BS are children.

Stop being a diva and either finish the translation or quit doing it, all this "you guyz are ruining it for yourselves" crap isn't working, since no matter what you do we're getting a professional translation in Spring.

Amirite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just wondering since I have a saved game on my Soul Silver patched with a previous release of yours, how can I apply the NEW patch without losing data?

I already patched a new clean .nds but my save wasn't there, so i'm figuring that my save is part of the .nds

Appreciate your time for translating and the above guy is a jackass, whatever you want to say sure, i'm a "kid" and I don't want to wait untill spring to have a translated game.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean like every famous person that ever existed +1