The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
I wonder if anybody can help me.

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lee1978 said:

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?

yes you can just swap the files .... or just use WIFI and update from there all CUSTOM firmware 3.90 and above can be updated via WIFI from Dark Alex's server
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Or even just run an update eboot....a MMS is necessary once you're actually on CFW.

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Thanks Ive already know how to update my own psp via wifi. I just need to know for installing cfw on future psp's. Do I just change the files over on the magic memory stick, or do i need to make a new stick. Sorry for any confusion, im new to psp hacking.

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
lee1978 said:

yes you can just swap the files .... or just use WIFI and update from there all CUSTOM firmware 3.90 and above can be updated via WIFI from Dark Alex's server
smile.gif

I got my PSP with version 4.?? m33. How do I access the Wifi updater? Will a WiFi update require the Pandora battery?
Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lee1978 said:
Thanks Ive already know how to update my own psp via wifi. I just need to know for installing cfw on future psp's. Do I just change the files over on the magic memory stick, or do i need to make a new stick. Sorry for any confusion, im new to psp hacking.
You can add on to the stick if you have space. Install Despertar del Cementerio v8. It installs 5.00 M33 when you boot it with a pandora battery. Once installed you will need to have the 5.00 Official Updater on the root of your memory stick named as 500.PBP too.

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Thanks Red, my mms now installs M33 5.00.
biggrin.gif

Oh MMMMMike, to update via wifi - Just click on Network Update at the top of the Settings. It will connect to DarkAlex's server (as mentioned above) rather than sony's and update to M33 5.00. And no, the update does not require a pandora battery. Once you've installed custom firmware, i dont think you need to use the battery again. (unless you brick your psp)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night