Magic Memory Stick Question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ConJ, Jan 7, 2009.

Jan 7, 2009

Magic Memory Stick Question by ConJ at 8:35 PM (1,087 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    I wonder if anybody can help me.

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

yes you can just swap the files .... or just use WIFI and update from there all CUSTOM firmware 3.90 and above can be updated via WIFI from Dark Alex's server [​IMG]

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Or even just run an update eboot....a MMS is necessary once you're actually on CFW.

4. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Thanks Ive already know how to update my own psp via wifi. I just need to know for installing cfw on future psp's. Do I just change the files over on the magic memory stick, or do i need to make a new stick. Sorry for any confusion, im new to psp hacking.

5. MMMMMike

Newcomer MMMMMike Advanced Member

Canada
    I got my PSP with version 4.?? m33. How do I access the Wifi updater? Will a WiFi update require the Pandora battery?
    Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

6. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can add on to the stick if you have space. Install Despertar del Cementerio v8. It installs 5.00 M33 when you boot it with a pandora battery. Once installed you will need to have the 5.00 Official Updater on the root of your memory stick named as 500.PBP too.

7. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Thanks Red, my mms now installs M33 5.00. [​IMG]

Oh MMMMMike, to update via wifi - Just click on Network Update at the top of the Settings. It will connect to DarkAlex's server (as mentioned above) rather than sony's and update to M33 5.00. And no, the update does not require a pandora battery. Once you've installed custom firmware, i dont think you need to use the battery again. (unless you brick your psp)

8. MMMMMike

Newcomer MMMMMike Advanced Member

Canada
    Thanks Lee, I'm all updated up. [​IMG]