Gaming Magic Memory Stick Question

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
923
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Glastonbury
Website
xat.com
XP
276
Country
I wonder if anybody can help me.

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
lee1978 said:
I wonder if anybody can help me.

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?


yes you can just swap the files .... or just use WIFI and update from there all CUSTOM firmware 3.90 and above can be updated via WIFI from Dark Alex's server
smile.gif
 

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
5,859
Trophies
0
XP
973
Country
Or even just run an update eboot....a MMS is necessary once you're actually on CFW.
 

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
923
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Glastonbury
Website
xat.com
XP
276
Country
Thanks Ive already know how to update my own psp via wifi. I just need to know for installing cfw on future psp's. Do I just change the files over on the magic memory stick, or do i need to make a new stick. Sorry for any confusion, im new to psp hacking.
 

MMMMMike

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
94
Trophies
0
Age
58
Location
Ontario, Canada
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
260
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
lee1978 said:
I wonder if anybody can help me.

Ok, so ive already got a magic stick that works, and installs m33 4.0. My question is - If i want to make my mms install m33 5.0 instead, is it just a case of swapping the files over? Or do i need to make another mms?

yes you can just swap the files .... or just use WIFI and update from there all CUSTOM firmware 3.90 and above can be updated via WIFI from Dark Alex's server
smile.gif

I got my PSP with version 4.?? m33. How do I access the Wifi updater? Will a WiFi update require the Pandora battery?
Thanks for any assistance.

Mike
 

Dermy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
314
Trophies
0
XP
324
Country
United States
lee1978 said:
Thanks Ive already know how to update my own psp via wifi. I just need to know for installing cfw on future psp's. Do I just change the files over on the magic memory stick, or do i need to make a new stick. Sorry for any confusion, im new to psp hacking.
You can add on to the stick if you have space. Install Despertar del Cementerio v8. It installs 5.00 M33 when you boot it with a pandora battery. Once installed you will need to have the 5.00 Official Updater on the root of your memory stick named as 500.PBP too.
 

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
923
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Glastonbury
Website
xat.com
XP
276
Country
Thanks Red, my mms now installs M33 5.00.
biggrin.gif


Oh MMMMMike, to update via wifi - Just click on Network Update at the top of the Settings. It will connect to DarkAlex's server (as mentioned above) rather than sony's and update to M33 5.00. And no, the update does not require a pandora battery. Once you've installed custom firmware, i dont think you need to use the battery again. (unless you brick your psp)
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/B6xTZgn.jpg