Hacking Made in Japan 2GB Kingston MicroSD

wifi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading the forums and it seems this is the microSD of choice (Well, 1GB too). But I was wondering if anyone knows how to check whether it's made in Japan? I'm hoping to go to Fry's and grab one, so are there anything that would indicate the origin? Or will it be the luck of the draw, and hope that it is made in Japan. And also, if I were to buy it online, how would I know it's made in Japan or not, or better yet, what's a good place to buy online? Any comments are appreciated.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dealextreme sells Japanese Kingstons and they especially indicate that on their website that they are Japanese. You can't go wrong with those kind of prices and free shipping.

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got mine from Deal Extreme, about a week to ship to Australia, and I was very happy with the service I got from there and havent encountered any problems with the card at all but I havent played Castlevania on it yet! However it does say Made in Japan on it.

BTW Deal Extreme's site has a 1Gb pictured, they do send you a 2Gb one!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading the forums and it seems this is the microSD of choice (Well, 1GB too). But I was wondering if anyone knows how to check whether it's made in Japan? I'm hoping to go to Fry's and grab one, so are there anything that would indicate the origin? Or will it be the luck of the draw, and hope that it is made in Japan. And also, if I were to buy it online, how would I know it's made in Japan or not, or better yet, what's a good place to buy online? Any comments are appreciated.

heh if you go to fry's you'll know right when you see it.

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frys has 2gb japan for only $20 or 1gb for $10 get it before its too late
smile.gif
too tell if its japan you look at the micro sd card and on the bottom its says "japan" with other numbers and letters
EX: http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_1458_1.jpg

wifi1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies! It's reassuring to see the 2GB are frequently made in Japan now. I went to Fry's today but the price shot up to $29.99 now. I checked the website and it also went up. So I guess I'll wait until next week, it'll probably go down.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy.com (And yes, I can verify as I purchased one myself)
2 gig for 24$USD includes S&H!
If you haven't used Google Checkout, you can take off another 10$ so it'd be 14$ shipped to your door in the US!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill