Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please ip ban koneko3010 from using the red shirt MAC addresses please? He is on all 16 connections with his green shirted Mii and I need red shirt miis for my game. This is annoying to deal with.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please ip ban koneko3010 from using the red shirt MAC addresses please? He is on all 16 connections with his green shirted Mii and I need red shirt miis for my game. This is annoying to deal with.

No way for us to block/ban someone. All we are doing is setting up which MACS to use, everything else is done on Nintendo's side.

Sirstiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So yeah as i've mentioned before 2 key features would benefit this program.

Start and Stop/Resume ability in Sequential Mode.
Start and Stop/Resume in Sequential + Batch of 10 run.

Auto shutdown of computer when you want to leave your PC on for half an hour to homepass while you go to bed. Keep up the good work guys.

eNomineZerum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To have a timed shutdown hit windows+r to open the run prompt. type in shutdown /s /t ? where the ? is the number of SECONDS you want your computer to run before initiating the shutdown sequence. Say 30 mins. 30minutes * 60seconds = 1800.

Reactions: Patxinco

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additional feature requests on top of looping Random sequence after completion of the Prime MACs or the full list:

- Command Line functionality to input variables like Random, 900s, and Start so that MACycle can quickly be ran at computer Start-Up with little to no user interaction.
- ...Remove the window that pops up at the start of the application that says to check the forum for updates? Or at least make a Command Line function or option in the Config file to disable it? There's a link to the topic in the Help tab. I can understand having that pop up at first-run, but having it write a value to the Config file after first run to not show that anymore would be awesome.

Keep up the good work, dude. I've gotten so many StreetPasses thanks to your application.

eNomineZerum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used this set up for two days and a got lot of tags until yesterday. When the Mac address gets switched on my card it takes almost 30 seconds before the attwifi connection appears under the Network Connections panel. The problem arises when my 3DS connects before attwifi is fully up and ignores the connection until the MAC changes again. I have been unable to use this program to get tags on two separate 3DS consoles.

EDIT:

Somewhere, somehow I decided to undo the shared connection portion... or Virtual Router changed it by itself... one of those two. after all this time all I had to do was reenable the shared connection and reselect it on Virtual Router.

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you share your internet connection to the virtual hotspot, but yes, you can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi and then spit that internet back out your virtual hotspot for your 3DS. I personally do this because circumstances dictate that I have to keep my router underneath my bed and I didn't want my laptop running under my bed all the time to connect it via Ethernet.

Be warned, you are guaranteed to lose internet on the PC each time the MAC changes though. I did not really have that problem when I was sharing the wired connection.

wutAbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have everything setup on my laptop, the 3ds finds the hotspot but doesn't get any hits. Also it can't connect to the internet, but can find the nintendo zone. It was working when it was set up on my desktop.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything setup on my laptop, the 3ds finds the hotspot but doesn't get any hits. Also it can't connect to the internet, but can find the nintendo zone. It was working when it was set up on my desktop.

Do you have a Firewall enabled on your hotspot? I'm running a XP Desktop for Homepass and I was having that same issue until I disabled the Firewall on the hotspot's connection. I was able to leave it on the Wired connection just fine.

yurikon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble here. I set up the network as described in Chaldron's post. After I do that, my 3DS will recognize "attwifi" as a Nintendo Zone. However, once I enter "attwifi" as a new connection, the Nintendo Zone notification disappears. Then, as soon as I run the script, the hotspot disappears entirely and once I stop the script, I can't even start the hosted network using the command prompt. It tells me something along the lines of the resource not being in the correct state. Not sure what to do.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble here. I set up the network as described in Chaldron's post. After I do that, my 3DS will recognize "attwifi" as a Nintendo Zone. However, once I enter "attwifi" as a new connection, the Nintendo Zone notification disappears. Then, as soon as I run the script, the hotspot disappears entirely and once I stop the script, I can't even start the hosted network using the command prompt. It tells me something along the lines of the resource not being in the correct state. Not sure what to do.

I'm not sure about your issues with the script, but I do know that you are not supposed to add the "attwifi" to the Internet Connection Settings on your 3DS. Once it auto-connects and says that the Nintendo Zone is detected you're good to go.

EDIT: However, if your MAC Address isn't changing, then obviously you won't get any StreetPasses. Getting the Nintendo Zone to register is only half the battle.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a disturbing thought about this whole relay business. What if Nintendo set this up in the first place to monitor what activity is going on in everyone's system such as the gateway and such. It may not work on 6.2 and above but I figured if our data is truly being sent to Nintendo this could give them access to our info.

Just a thought.

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you share your internet connection to the virtual hotspot, but yes, you can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi and then spit that internet back out your virtual hotspot for your 3DS. I personally do this because circumstances dictate that I have to keep my router underneath my bed and I didn't want my laptop running under my bed all the time to connect it via Ethernet.

Be warned, you are guaranteed to lose internet on the PC each time the MAC changes though. I did not really have that problem when I was sharing the wired connection.

This is exactly what I need to know, I'm doing it like you, I am losing internet every time it cycles MAC's and I tried doing it with ethernet connected and it still resets it...

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a disturbing thought about this whole relay business. What if Nintendo set this up in the first place to monitor what activity is going on in everyone's system such as the gateway and such. It may not work on 6.2 and above but I figured if our data is truly being sent to Nintendo this could give them access to our info.

Just a thought.

From what I understand of the Gateway, it straight up pretends to be another game. Sure it uses some exploits here and there, but as far as our StreetPass data should show it will show up as whatever game you were using it to play. The StreetPass data likely just has a small value that determines the Game ID of the last game that was played and the Gateway should be copying that Game ID. If you were playing games out of your region however, that MAY set off some flags. I think it would depend on whether that game showed up in your Activity Log all in Japanese or something or whether it just pretended to be the same region as your 3DS.

Nintendo would likely sooner release an update to block flashcarts (as they always do) rather than brick someone's system or even ban them from Online functionality. I HomePassed someone whose last game was "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker" AKA very likely the SuperCard DSTWO. If Nintendo were to ban that guy based on that and he was actually playing "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker", that would be a very bad thing. It would be a major PR mess and Nintendo wouldn't want to deal with that especially when they are trying to stay kid/family-friendly by releasing the 2DS so they don't mess up little kids' eyes; no need to be the bully on the playground.

TaunTaun 22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I've literally been trying all day to set this hotspot up. I'm at the point where everything is good to go, the 3DS recognizes my hotspot being called attwifi, and it also recognizes it in connection settings when I want to add it as a new connection. The only problem is whenever I try to connect to it, it connects to the router fine, but as it connects to the internet it stops and says the error thing. What i want to know is this: Am I doing something wrong that might be doing something like not letting me transmit data from my router to my 3DS, or do I need to be plugged in via ethernet cable? Because I've been trying with wireless settings. If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

yurikon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I tried again. Whenever I change the MAC on my non-virtual wireless connection (manually using CMD), the virtual connection disappears. It only comes back once I reset the MAC. So I don't know what that means...It seems my 3DS will recognize the virtual connection, but I just can't change the MAC without the virtual connection disappearing.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to receive one streetpass notification using virtual router. Using this, I've yet to get one. Is 60 second interval, 3 second delay bad? Or is there anything wrong in my settings?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No that's his normal twin +1