1. mspy

OP mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    So there are some controllers and accessories/dongles for the Nintendo Switch out there that kinda facilitates your life and enables cheating by the use of macros if that can even be called 'cheating'. My question for everyone is if there is any homebrew that would do the same thing without the need of the hardware part? Don't know if it is possible but I figured I'd ask because IIRC back in the day one would need to have an hardware dongle connected to the Switch in order to play games with a unlicensed 3rd party controller like the PS or XBOX controller but then MissionControl came along and it allowed that exact same functionality via software without any of the hardware requirements hence I wonder if the same can be accomplished for macros via software only as well.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Maybe it is possible, but right now there isn't one, there are device like Switch up game enhancer that are pre coded with macros and contollers like 8 bitdo pro 2 controller and the gulikit king kong pro controller. Probably the gulikit what you need as it allows you to assign macro up to like ten minutes.

Last edited by Hayato213, Apr 16, 2021
  3. mspy

OP mspy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yes I know that there are some 3rd party controllers that support macros and also accessories like this one https://www.play-asia.com/cybercontroller-macro-adapter-for-nintendo-switch/13/70dk4p for the Pro Controller or even dongles that not only allows for 3rd party controllers but also have some 'GAME ENHANCER' features aka Macros build in like this one here https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Switch-Up-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07THMK55Y/ but I was looking more for something with the software only approach...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - accessory, Hardware, without