ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have an Acer Aspire One D532 and I found this guide for installing leopard on a PC, but it has some requirements I don't understand so my question is if I can use this guide to install Mac OS X leopard on my system and if not is there anyway

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Now lets proceed with the installation of Leopard. Before that here are few conditions your CPU must satisfy to use this installation method..

Non Core Intel Processors, no PC-EFI for you.
Core Based Processors, for PC-EFI to work.
AMD processors are not supported at this time.

Those requirements and I figured it was outdated

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
if you search the torrent sites and/or google, you may find a Hackintosh version that has been pre-compiled for your computer. Since the Acer Aspire One netbook series is common, it's very possible you'll easily find one. I did for my Dell Inspiron Mini back when they first came out.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
QUOTE said:
Now lets proceed with the installation of Leopard. Before that here are few conditions your CPU must satisfy to use this installation method..

Non Core Intel Processors, no PC-EFI for you.
Core Based Processors, for PC-EFI to work.
AMD processors are not supported at this time.

Those requirements and I figured it was outdated
Basically its hard to make Mac OSX work on certain processors because APple don't have the drivers for them in the system. Since only they build the systems they put their OS on they only include drivers for the processors they use. ANy processor that isn't a Core iX or Pentium Dual Core (can't remember model numbers or name exactly) need kernel edits and additions to make them work. These DO exist but it adds an extra step in.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So I should be able to find this hackintosh verison of Mac OS X Leopard on google for Aspire Ones? This will make it bootable cause I heard it can be emulated, but I want it to be bootable (have dual booted netbook with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Leopard is my goal)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid that I can't say. Making a Hackintosh is a very strange process. I know that it IS possible to patch an ISO to run certain unsupported cores but I don't know if your Netbook can (I assume it has an Atom).
Seriously, google around for more guides on running a Hackintosh, that quick snippet is just something a gleaned while reading through a guide on it several months ago. I do know you need very specific hardware to run the stock version, the motherboard type, graphics card, everything needs to have some form of driver for Mac OSX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1