M3Kaura 0.9 beta1 Easter Egg

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dsrules, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010

M3Kaura 0.9 beta1 Easter Egg by dsrules at 10:18 AM (1,067 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dsrules
    OP

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

well...kind of an Easter Egg , but attempt this at your own risk, the worst it could happen is a corrupt kaura.cfg file

before you attempt this, there must be NO nds file in the root directory of your microsd, doing this trick in any other directory will corrupt your kaura.cfg file

1. add a game to the bottom box if there wasn't any, by clicking on the NDS Icon , choose a game and push Y
    2. when you have a game listed on the bottom box of the Main Menu, click on the NDS Icon and goto the Root Directory by choosing the "Folder with Arrow icon" until you are at the root (where you see the SYSTEM folder), it should say "File Not Found" on the screen

there is a fast (3a) way and a slow (3b) way of clearing the bottom box
    3a. push the shoulder R button and the blue bracket will appear on the bottom left corner of the screen with some ? marks, next push the Y button and wait like 20 seconds and it'll automatically return to the Main Menu with an empty Bottom Box.
    3b. push the shoulder L button, then push the Y button and wait like 50 seconds and it'll automatically return to the Main Menu with an empty Bottom Box.

2. mc_B3oWoLF

Member mc_B3oWoLF GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Nice find, dsrules!)
    I wonder if it is a bug or it's the unclaimed feature xD

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Wow, that's pretty cool!

EDIT: I think this may be more of a bug than a feature. I think it happens because L+R let you jump to the top and bottom of a page, so when you do it in a folder with nothing of use it'll jump to the bottom and see that there's nothing there, so when your hold Y it'll get confused and just clear the box.

4. dsrules
    OP

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

maybe it's a bug, but if you do that in any directory other than the root dir, the kaura.cfg file corrupts
    we'll see if this is corrected or still works in the next release

5. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I tried doing it in a directory that's not the root and it didn't corrupt my config it just didn't do anything.