M3I0 not playing roms., showing static.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by herjos, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010
  1. herjos
    OP

Newcomer herjos Newbie

United States
    I'm using the system and core files found in the second and third listing on http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

When I go to the games page, I see the name with a square of white noise next to them. I copied them over to a folder in the M3 sd card named NDS with the game manager software and all roms I have tried have this problem. Ive tried messing with the settings a bit and using th recommended ones on the m3wiki site but cannot get anything to work. They go to the now loading screen with the engadget logo and stop.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Game manger? I think that might be the problem, just copy over the clean roms and see what happens then.
    EDIT: The game manger is the problem, as far as i know of M3i Zero or really any M3 (Simply and up) just use clean roms and no longer need to use Game Manger, if you are using the M3 Game Manger, that's for Slot-2 cards like M3 Lite, it will not work with M3 Real (as far as I know of, I've never gotten it to work.) So just don't use the Game Manger and just place the clean (or trimmed roms) into the NDS folder.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The Game Manager is only for the slot 2 M3 carts. It is not meant for the slot 1 M3 carts, and using it will cause problems like this.

4. herjos
    OP

Newcomer herjos Newbie

United States
    I just tried copying directly to the SD card and the rom I copied is working perfectly. Don't I need to use the game manager to have working save files and such? [​IMG]

Sorry, I just got the ds and flash cart this week to cure a case of boredom.

EDIT: Thats great news. Thought I borked something already. How can I import a sav file into the game then? just copying it?

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    You don't need the game manger anymore, that's only for slot 2 flashcards
    M3 makes it's own sav files as well and works just fine.
    EDIT: And to your question, just put the sav file right into the same file as the games

6. herjos
    OP

Newcomer herjos Newbie

United States
    Thanks Guys. That answers all my questions for now. [​IMG] Now to get that ds2key app to work so I can wow from the couch.

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Your welcome ^-^ And have fun with that!

8. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    woo a thanks for helping "click"