Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
review.gif
M3i Zero Review
Go check it out
M3i%20Zero%20Review%20Pic.jpg

The Official GBAtemp review of the M3i Zero is now up for reading. Just follow the link below to see whether or not the M3i Zero is worth the price.

Got any questions regarding the M3i Zero review? Feel free to ask them below, and we'll try to answer them.

icon11.gif
 M3i Zero Review
discuss.png
 Discuss

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
rockstar99 said:
But the homebrew compatibility is almost perfect when you use touchpod.
That I noticed, but Touchpod is slightly annoying in certain aspects from what I've experienced and the review as a whole is more aimed towards M3Sakura since it's the newest OS of the two.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so you should add(if you want) that sakura has low homebrew compatibility so use touchpod for homebrew
anyways still an awesome review
biggrin.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Does this has connection on me buying a M3i and will receive it sometime first 3 days next week? Everything happens with a reason.

I need this review. Now Im waiting for an updated Sakura firmware. Hopefully, it'll be online the day after I received my M3i.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since your buying it from a store check your flasher there because mine was faulty n i ended up buying another one they wernt taking it back

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost feels like all flash cards are good because they all state there compatibility is 100% I'm sure it is though. The only cons that bother me in a review is if its a flimsy build =P

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
omgpwn666 said:
Almost feels like all flash cards are good because they all state there compatibility is 100% I'm sure it is though. The only cons that bother me in a review is if its a flimsy build =P
It's not like I think it's gonna break just like that, it's just that it could've been made better.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,I may try one,I love the logo,that looks like something that would make my friends freak out when they see it. lol Flimsy builds are understandable,they make so many of them just to keep them selling,but if it was stronger it feels like you could have the card much longer,anyways... Great review!
biggrin.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I don't care how good this is, M3 will stop supporting it in a few months to make way for their next product, and everybody who paid for it will be screwed over.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I've just bought it and I have yet to use Sakura since I'm playing Mario&Luigi and it's not compatible. Waiting for the Sakura update, I'm fine with touchpod which works really well and in the end it's something I usually spend just a few seconds on, before loading the backup/homebrew/movie etc.
The only annoying things I noticed are:
-the card could've had a better build quality. doesn't suck, but things like a spring-loading transflash slot and the usb flashing cable small plug are a bit annoying.
-you can store only 4 skins at a time for use with touchpod
-as is said in the review, the lack of global option kinda sucks

for the rest I'm happy and I hope the M3 team will indeed continue to support it in the future.

EDIT: i forgot I wanted to ask...about the slot-2 functionality in DS/DSL could I use an old M3 Perfect (I have the SD model) for it?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TyrianCubed said:
I've just bought it and I have yet to use Sakura since I'm playing Mario&Luigi and it's not compatible. Waiting for the Sakura update, I'm fine with touchpod which works really well and in the end it's something I usually spend just a few seconds on, before loading the backup/homebrew/movie etc.
The only annoying things I noticed are:
-the card could've had a better build quality. doesn't suck, but things like a spring-loading transflash slot and the usb flashing cable small plug are a bit annoying.
-you can store only 4 skins at a time for use with touchpod
-as is said in the review, the lack of global option kinda sucks

for the rest I'm happy and I hope the M3 team will indeed continue to support it in the future.

EDIT: i forgot I wanted to ask...about the slot-2 functionality in DS/DSL could I use an old M3 Perfect (I have the SD model) for it?

I couldn't agree more, they could have done it a lot better. Especially the USB flashing cable is just plain ridiculous!

For the rest, great card, really good!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I recently ordered one of these from DX, so I'll expect to receive it in about 2 months or so. I only have one question, I never noticed that the card was clipped together, Is it the same as the AK2.1? does the cart rattle at all, is it easily twisted or anything? Do you think it would do much harm if I super glued it together? I really don't like moving parts in something that shouldn't have them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)