M3i Zero GMP-Z003 Help for a Newbie

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Ehz, Oct 14, 2012.

Oct 14, 2012

M3i Zero GMP-Z003 Help for a Newbie by Ehz at 3:36 PM (2,129 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Ehz
    OP

Newcomer Ehz Newbie

United States
    UPDATE 1: I've gotten the system files from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7s9zwtusha2imx5 to work on my DSi, although this isn't exactly the setup I had in mind, it's better than nothing. I'm still wondering if there's any M3 Sakura system files (or another alternative firmware) available, though.

'Ello!

I'm a newbie to Homebrew and flash carts in general, and I've just recently bought a M3i Zero (GMP-Z003). I understand from what I've read that it's no longer supported, and essentially a dead device, but unfortunately returning it isn't really an option, because shipping it all the way back to China would cost way too much. I've tried the downloads on handheld sources, but all of the links are dead, and I've also tried the links on the official M3Adapters website, but they only return a black screen. I have gotten it to work on one occasion, but I formatted the micro SD afterwards because I wanted the M3 Sakura interface, rather than the one from the SYSTEM_ENG.zip on the M3Adapter website. When I try to use the same system file that I used on that occasion now, however, it returns a black screen as well.

I've tried it on my DSi (Firmware 1.4.3U), 3DS (Firmware 4.3.0-10U), and even my old ass DS Lite (I don't even know how you're supposed to check the firmware on it). On all of them I either get a black screen or an error along the lines of: "There was an error, please turn off the [DS Model] and visit www.nintendo.com/support for help" I've been using two different firmware updates (and using the power supply USB many more times than intended), and settled on this one: http://filetrip.net/...0-5-f26863.html I'm also using the system files from here: http://filetrip.net/...-49x-f4374.html I'm using a M3i Zero GMP-Z003 shipped from China, the package information was in English, though.

If anyone can help me out, whether it means uploading the latest system files (preferably for M3 Sakura) and the latest core (If the one above isn't it), or if I'm just doing something completely wrong. If there's any other information you think would be necessary to know in order to help, please ask.

Thanks!

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  3. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    M3 moved their forum and files here my man, CLICK ME. :)

If you want a kernel other than sakura, go HERE. :)

Don't let M3 haters change your opinion of your M3i Zero. The M3 Team, IMO, really made the best DS flashcard. If they supported it, it would easily be my top suggestion to any new flashcard customer. Have a great day, M3 FTW! B-)