dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant update my M3i.....I have Dsi 1.4.1 and the M3i wont work
So i need to Update the M3i, but unfortunately i lost the cable
I have Read on so many different sites that the cable just supplies power to the card for flashing..and someone told me that if you put it in the ds and close the lid it will work like the cable is plugged in...
This didnt work. I need a different way.... Also buying a new one is not an option....they cost too much and my mum wont get one for me.......I NEED TO UPDATE IT!!!!!! Please Help.. If there is anyway to update the M3i Zero without the cable it would be much obliged, thanks

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i live outta town...a person said that all the wire does is supply power....he said put the files on card put it in the ds and shut the lid...is this supposed to work

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankly, this is one of the major problems with the M3i Zero.
The Supercard DStwo can reflash itself using the DSi's power source, but the M3i cannot.
Also the Acekard 2i can be reflashed manually on a DS Lite or compatible DSi, I don't believe the M3i even gives you that option, forcing you to use the cable.

Acekard 2i is much cheaper than an m3i Zero, if it comes to it that you absolutely need to buy a replacement flashcart, go for AK2i, it's cheaper and better in all ways.

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOUR KIDDING
frown.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Frankly, this is one of the major problems with the M3i Zero.
The Supercard DStwo can reflash itself using the DSi's power source, but the M3i cannot.
Also the Acekard 2i can be reflashed manually on a DS Lite or compatible DSi, I don't believe the M3i even gives you that option, forcing you to use the cable.

Acekard 2i is much cheaper than an m3i Zero, if it comes to it that you absolutely need to buy a replacement flashcart, go for AK2i, it's cheaper and better in all ways.
yeah he's right he's not kidding. I have an M3i Zero and I keep the cable in a place where I can't lose it (next to the computer). Maybe you should tidy up and see if you can find it that way.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...if all the wire does is supply power then get a copper wire, and some rubber gloves, put one end of the wire into an electric socket, and the other into the m3i 0...

one of 2 things will happen either it'll work or your m3i will blow up...good luck tho!
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
well...if all the wire does is supply power then get a copper wire, and some rubber gloves, put one end of the wire into an electric socket, and the other into the m3i 0...

one of 2 things will happen either it'll work or your m3i will blow up...good luck tho!
smile.gif
FOR GOD SAKE DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO DO THIS !!! - DeadlyAnGeL is kidding

The cable you've lost is plugged into a USB socket to power it for updated, & since the USB only suppliess 5v DC - & a mains socket supplies between 110v-240v AC (depending on your country) you wil DEFINITELY blow up the M3 (even if you don't electrocute yourself)

If you are fairly good with a soldering iron I would guess you could possibly vandalize a USB lead, open up the M3i0 & solder the 5v+ and - leads from the lead to the card itself (the problem would be what way round to solder them) - do the update, then unsolder the leads afterwards

Of course this does have the risk of when soldering you could damage the card circuitry

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help... I think ill have to bargain mum into getting a different card...And to be sure i think ill get a super card ds 2, i heard they can play gba roms, and that would be good
smile.gif

Thanks again

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help
I think ill have to bargain mum into getting a new flash cart...
Im thinking super card ds 2, they can play gba roms i think, should be good, either that or i can buy the games -_-

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dryxas said:
Thanks for the help
I think ill have to bargain mum into getting a new flash cart...
Im thinking super card ds 2, they can play gba roms i think, should be good, either that or i can buy the games -_-
enjoy that, im waiting till after the 3ds is released to get a better cart, but i understand you need one now. I'm gonna get a SCDS2 as well, hopefully it will SMASH the antipiracy stuff soft/firmware so that we can play our DS carts on 3DS!

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work if you just put the files to update your M3 on the root of your MicroSD, then power your DSi on. When its powered on make sure you don't close the lid and just wait in the DSi main menu for a minute. That should work I remember reading this in the M3 forums.

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
leeday said:
im waiting till after the 3ds is released to get a better cart
The roms are going to be huge though.. I heard that they will be about 800 mb- 1 gb

Jakob95It should work if you just put the files to update your M3 on the root of your MicroSD, then power your DSi on. When its powered on make sure you don't close the lid and just wait in the DSi main menu for a minute. That should work I remember reading this in the M3 forums.

are you sure that will work? After everyone elses posts im kind of doubtful

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Although irrelevant, 3DS games will have about a 3gb cart size to begin with (if I'm not mistaken). This means bigger than 1gb for a lot of games, I'm sure.

It is also highly unlikely, more than likely impossible for any flash carts to be able to magically run 3DS mode with a firmware update. Pretty sure that will have to be built in from the get go. There is no saying the 3DS will even use flash carts. We'll just have to wait and see.

dryxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
Although irrelevant, 3DS games will have about a 3gb cart size to begin with (if I'm not mistaken). This means bigger than 1gb for a lot of games, I'm sure.

It is also highly unlikely, more than likely impossible for any flash carts to be able to magically run 3DS mode with a firmware update. Pretty sure that will have to be built in from the get go. There is no saying the 3DS will even use flash carts. We'll just have to wait and see.

I have decided to buy all my 3ds games, i cant be bothered to get another flashcart and btw, the 3ds will have automatic updates that means the flashcart dudes are going to have to work there buts off, so we can have some decent play time, and downloading 3gb everytime you want to play a game is a bit of a stretch, i had like 100 games on my m3i, thats like 200 gb. so ahhh, yeah..

That dsi menu thing didnt work either... :'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY