Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Just wanted to add that i have the same issues as described by previous posters.

My M3i(M3i_V1_E0) also shuts off instead of going to sleep, when lid closes.

I also have random freezes in games, when playing.

Kind regards.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
They HAVE to know it's an issue, but they still insist that they cannot reproduce.

Because they really can't. I've never had this problem.

So if the M3 Team who can get samples without have to go through long ass shipping, and alot of people have working units then it might be that they're damaged in the shipping process.

iulian1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i am upset very much. for me that cardbox trick doesnt seem to work. what i do bad?) are there maybe pictures how to do it rightly? or maybe some other things? please i am a bit upset about it already. how much paper to use? how to know that i really connected the contacts rightly?!

DReaMoR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has any1 already tested the new System Files For M3i Zero & M3DS Real v4.6, that was released yesterday, and can tell if the problem of non working sleep mode still excist ?

Gonna try myself aas soon as i'm home.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
bfoos said:
They HAVE to know it's an issue, but they still insist that they cannot reproduce.

So if the M3 Team who can get samples without have to go through long ass shipping, and alot of people have working units then it might be that they're damaged in the shipping process.
I doubt this is a shipping damage issue at all and I HIGHLY suspect that if the M3 team would bother to test with an M3i_V1_E0 batch card, they would experience the issue as well. Flawed batch is flawed, and no, they will never admit it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a G002AA_M3_A1b M3i Flashcart, and have had a few problems with this happening. These have mostly been with Mario&Lugi BIS, and a few other games (I cannot remember the names), but after a little bit, these problems stopped occuring. I had updated to 1.4 compatability, though this was after I was able to test if this problem occurs before 1.4 firmware/ F_Core update.

I have no idea why these problems stopped persisting, but it was a relief.
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
DeltaBurnt said:
bfoos said:

I doubt this is a shipping damage issue at all and I HIGHLY suspect that if the M3 team would bother to test with an M3i_V1_E0 batch card, they would experience the issue as well. Flawed batch is flawed, and no, they will never admit it.

1. Why would you highly doubt it's shipping damage? Anything to backup your claim on that?
2. "and I HIGHLY suspect that if the M3 team would bother to test with an M3i_V1_E0 batch card, they would experience the issue as well" - You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, there's tons of people saying their M3i_V1_E0 version of the card is working. Also there's the fact that they probably don't even have access to that batch anymore because it was all sent off already.
3. They've had 2 batches already, you can tell from the 2 different codes and the 2 different LED lights. I have the same code and LED light as most of the M3i's with this, but I have not once experienced this problem.

Furthermore, how can a batch be flawed? Do you mean damaged/bad/malfunctioning? Also they can't admit there's a problem if they can truly not find one. Keep in mind a bunch of other DSi flashcarts, like then acekard, have had a similar problem to this one.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow man, you are so quick to assume that we all don't know fuck all about anything. I've tested hundreds of ROMS and have found some that sleep, some that sleep, but not properly and most of them flat out will not sleep at all. That is, unless the DSi is 100% charged. You really ought to try reading what people are saying instead of coming up with absurd theories about shipping damage. Anyway, good job sucking the M3 Teams teet, I'm done talking to you. I bow down to your superiority. To all of the people with M3i_V1_E0 and sleep mode not working, I feel your pain.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Wow man, you are so quick to assume that we all don't know fuck all about anything. I've tested hundreds of ROMS and have found some that sleep, some that sleep, but not properly and most of them flat out will not sleep at all. That is, unless the DSi is 100% charged. You really ought to try reading what people are saying instead of coming up with absurd theories about shipping damage. Anyway, good job sucking the M3 Teams teet, I'm done talking to you. I bow down to your superiority. To all of the people with M3i_V1_E0 and sleep mode not working, I feel your pain.

Even if some roms work and others don't that still may mean that's there's shipping damage. Some games may require higher speed access to the micro sd, and say maybe the micro sd slot on the flashcart was damaged to an extent causing the m3i maybe to loose connection with the micro sd card whenever it goes into a state of low battery usage (i.e. sleep mode).

Obviously you're just pissed because you got a bad unit of some sort and want to blame anyone who would dare not allow you to pirate your games and use all the features to their full extent. So the first person you turn to is the m3 team then start saying it's all their fault, and then you say that all M3i_V1_E0 models don't work with sleep mode even though there's a shit load of people that have sleep mode working.

You do realize you could have gotten a chance to get a new flashcart from the retailer you bought it from if you contacted them.

The only reason why there's alot of posts of people saying that their M3's with M3i_V1_E0 don't work with sleep mode is because gbatemp is a gathering place for nooby kids who have problems with their flashcarts.

And like I've said three times, the m3i zero is not the only fucking flashcart with this problem. There have been acekards and some other flashcarts with reports of this problem.

If you have a problem with a piece of hardware try thinking out rationally on what may have caused it, and how to possible fix it. Instead of crying and pouting over it on a website.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue as described in previous posts but it only seems to happen on just the one rom - Sonic and Sega all Stars Racing(U) with the arm7 patch.

its the only patched game that i have n its the only 1 i have problems with n i dont no what the prob' myt be.

I haven't noticed the problem on homebrew games - but i onlly have the 1, its a little piss takin 2 say the least
unsure.gif

gsmlab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

Here is my findings to my problem with Sleep Mode

I had the same problem, I was using a Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro sd card on the M3i Zero, DSI V1.4E.

I changed to a SanDisk 4Gb class 2 microsd card and formated the card in FAT insted of FAT32.

Now it works perfectly no more turning off when lid closed!!!!!!

I guess it has something to do with the Speed of the micro SD card or the true voltage.

I tried formating the Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro sd card in many different ways and no luck it just wont work.

I dont know what other tests to do so to resume my findings:

SanDisk 4Gb class 2 micro SDHC card WORKS PERFCTLY ON MY DSi V1.4E with M3i Zero M3i_V2_E2

Verbatim 4Gb class 6 mircro SDHC card DOES NOT WORK ON THE SAME DSi with the same M3i Zero

Let me know if this helped anyone.

GSMLAB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol