I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misterion said:
I do not believe it is a contact issue, sure i am not pro. but I see that with a full charged DSi the blue led starts to pulse with a closed lid. That seems to need a lot of power (trying to go enter sleep mode). And so the battery is fast empty. I dont know if im right but I want that prob to be worked on and taken for serious.

That doesn't make sense at all. First your trying to imply that closing the lid and leaving it in sleep mode drains alot of battery because a LED pulses which is not true because if that were the case then this would have happened on DS Lite because they do that too. Second it immediately turns of when they go into sleep mode so one LED would have to drain the battery 10x faster than just normally playing it would. Third the LED turns on/off in sleep mode for all DSi's so if this were the case anyone would be able to reproduce this problem.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As stated above by nuttah, this is probably something to do with a DSi hardware revision. If this is the case, then there is nothing the team can do about it without a DSi with this issue (if the hardware revision is that of an earlier model, then I highly doubt this can be solved).

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
bfoos said:
Fat chance, the team denies being able to reproduce the problem. I'll likely be throwing my monies at another flashcart manufacturer in the near future. I really enjoy my M3 products, and I DO hope this issue is resolved.

It's obviously a problem with each person's m3i zero as their contacts are probably bad and when the lid closes the DSi loses connection with the M3i Zero and just like if it were to lose connection with a normal game it powers down.

Please don't blame this on the m3 team if they say they can't reproduce it they really can't. And if you're planning on buying another flashcart for this then that's pretty retarded because there's topics on a few other DSi flashcarts (like the acekard2i) saying they have this same problem >.>
For the last time, it is not a contact issue. And thanks for saying my decision to purchase another DSi flashcart in the future is retarted. Cheers to you too, buddy!
grog.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
DeltaBurnt said:
bfoos said:
Fat chance, the team denies being able to reproduce the problem. I'll likely be throwing my monies at another flashcart manufacturer in the near future. I really enjoy my M3 products, and I DO hope this issue is resolved.

It's obviously a problem with each person's m3i zero as their contacts are probably bad and when the lid closes the DSi loses connection with the M3i Zero and just like if it were to lose connection with a normal game it powers down.

Please don't blame this on the m3 team if they say they can't reproduce it they really can't. And if you're planning on buying another flashcart for this then that's pretty retarded because there's topics on a few other DSi flashcarts (like the acekard2i) saying they have this same problem >.>
For the last time, it is not a contact issue. And thanks for saying my decision to purchase another DSi flashcart in the future is retarted. Cheers to you too, buddy!
grog.gif

Hmmm ok care to elaborate on why you think it's not a contact issue?

Also while retarded was probably not the best word choice on my part, I stand by my statement.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to give my reasoning as to why this is not a contact issue. My M3i0 has the sleep-shut off issue.
I believe it is a per-game issue based on my testing.

I noticed my system shuts off on most games (one known example for my machine is Zelda: Phantom Hourglass), however a few it doesn't (YuGiOh: Spirit Caller). This is consistent (YuGiOh never turns off, Zelda always does).
Also, the Dsi never shuts off for me when closing the lid while in Sakura.

I haven't looked into if it happens when plugged up or not.

This isn't a big issue for me (I just don't shut the lid on the Dsi now), but anything to improve my flashcart of choice is a good thing to me.
~dhjohn

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
I'd like to give my reasoning as to why this is not a contact issue. My M3i0 has the sleep-shut off issue.
I believe it is a per-game issue based on my testing.

I noticed my system shuts off on most games (one known example for my machine is Zelda: Phantom Hourglass), however a few it doesn't (YuGiOh: Spirit Caller). This is consistent (YuGiOh never turns off, Zelda always does).
Also, the Dsi never shuts off for me when closing the lid while in Sakura.

I haven't looked into if it happens when plugged up or not.

This isn't a big issue for me (I just don't shut the lid on the Dsi now), but anything to improve my flashcart of choice is a good thing to me.
~dhjohn

Ok thankyou I now see that it's most likely not a contact issue. If you could do something for me really quick I have an idea (a very small one though). Get the latest Touchpod + Sakura bundle (the one with the X52 touchpod) then run Bowser's Inside Story on touchpod see if it shuts off when closing the lid. If it does turn off switch over to Sakura and try it, in Sakura you won't be able to play the game just try closing the lid on the main menu though.

(And no my idea is not that the problem is touchpod or if it's sakura it's something else I'll tell you what it is if it works because I don't wonna waste time explaining it if it isn't what's causing the problem)

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that if I can find a clean copy of the rom (the one I downloaded had "(cracked)" added to the end, making me assume it contains a patch to allow it to run.).

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It turns off in both Touchpod and Sakura. The DSi does not turn off in either loader while playing Il 2 Sturmovic Birds of Prey (E). But the LED doesn't pulse either like it should. The game does indeed suspend though.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
It turns off in both Touchpod and Sakura. The DSi does not turn off in either loader while playing Il 2 Sturmovic Birds of Prey (E). But the LED doesn't pulse either like it should. The game does indeed suspend though.

Damn, I was thinking that the cause of the problem may be that games that have been given certain rom compatibility patches from the firmware shut off because of the way they fix the problem but since Sakura which doesn't have the patch yet turns off too then I'm not sure.

What is the LED in your M3i Zero? Mines red (aparently one of the older ones) and on the back on the greenish part it says M3i_V1_E0.

pdocquier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I received a new M3i card yesterday and the sleeping mode seems to work fine !

What does it mean ?
Contact issue or not, the only thing who's changed is the card ...

I can't explain what causing this issue, why with the same M3i,
issue occured on a DSi and not on a DSLite but the rational explanation
could be the faulty card!

I had other issues that complety disapear with the new card.
The fact that M3 team cannot reproduce the error is probably
due to the fact they are using a "good" card.

Murchie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to add my info in, brand new DSi, brand new M3i Zero (says g002_m3_a16) on the circuit, with red light, and I have the shutdown issue on the ROMs I've tried.

I'm hoping they solve this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.