Hacking M3DSReal and corrupt MicroSDs

Have you experienced a corrupt flash card whilst using the M3DSReal?

• Yes, but I formatted the card and it works now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and the card was never usable again.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No never.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

BinarySoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please give your feedback to get an idea of what percentage of people really are having problems with their M3DSReals corrupting flash cards.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Never experienced corrupted microSD, and I've been using first batch of Reals (from pre-order), every day for few hours..

I'm very happy with it, and I would recommend it anytime..

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My M3 Real works fine except it freezes on Mario Kart on one of the stages and when I try to start a new game on Metriod Prime Hunters it freezes.
I have redownloaded these roms and formated my Micro SD.

Do any of you guys have these problems with those roms?

4 Gig A-Data Micro SD

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Warren_303 said:
My M3 Real works fine except it freezes on Mario Kart on one of the stages and when I try to start a new game on Metriod Prime Hunters it freezes.
I have redownloaded these roms and formated my Micro SD.

Do any of you guys have these problems with those roms?

4 Gig A-Data Micro SD
With the 4 gig A-data micro sdhc class 6, it's the fastest card around. Even faster than the Japanese kingston. So it shouldn't have any problems, or so I've heard.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats good to know, not sure what the deal is then.

I just updated to the latest system fiiles too. I guess there could be some minor issue with my cart who knows.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Warren_303 said:
Thats good to know, not sure what the deal is then.

I just updated to the latest system fiiles too. I guess there could be some minor issue with my cart who knows.
Why not contact the G6/m3 team? They might know something about it. Afterall, they even have an account on GBAtemp.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
To play Metroid Prime without freezing, you should turn off SoftReset..This is a well known problem, and if that doesn't work for you, then it's probably a bad dump of the ROM..And as for Mario Kart, I really don't know what could be a problem, if the game plays OK and freezes on just one track, then again, possibly that's something wrong with the game..

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
My first microSD got corrupted after two weeks of using. It was recognized by Windows, but during formatting it was giving error. Trying to reformat it in mobile phone, palmtop , other PC's with other SD readers - it wasn't possible. I exchanged it for working one.

The second time was about two weeks ago, I found out i couldn't rename any files on my microSD. I have run chkdsk, and there was hundred of errors. Formatted it again, and now it's working somehow. Homever, now, when i run chkdsk on it, I receive warnings about incorrect time signature - the files changed by M3Real (configuration files, saves etc.) have no creation time nor modification time set. I guess I will exchange it again, before I will lost again my data. Luckily, the day before corruption I backed up my saves. Oh, and this corrupt occured a few hours after playing with Sakura, maybe this is just a mere coincidence, but...
smile.gif

I am using bundle pack SD reader, I guess I will buy something better now.

Zeppelinfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just bought my Real and an 8 gig sandisk cart. I still cant get moonshell to work at all, my touchscreen doesnt work except in games and dsorganize. So i cant use pdads or mediaex (probably because i cant use my touchscreen) But i cant use my arrow keys in them neither so maybe they arent working. But dsorganize is working fine though. Any ideas anyone?

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zeppelinfan1 said:
Hi,

I just bought my Real and an 8 gig sandisk cart. I still cant get moonshell to work at all, my touchscreen doesnt work except in games and dsorganize. So i cant use pdads or mediaex (probably because i cant use my touchscreen) But i cant use my arrow keys in them neither so maybe they arent working. But dsorganize is working fine though. Any ideas anyone?

To get Moosnhell to work with M3 Real if you have the GBA Expansion Pak you can boot Moonshell in slot-2 and it will work perfectly. As for the reason mediaex and pdads is not working that I do not know.

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait......let me get this straight it means that it's your Micro SD card that is corrupt and not the card reader? I'll explain:

Yesterday night I copied all my files from the M3-Real card to the desktop and then did a re-format after the re-format I tried to put on the G6/M3 DS Real Loader v3.4 it started copying and then half way through a error came up.

I then decided to re-format again and this time it said the device was in use,I then ejected the USB card-reader and then injected it again and did a format and then tried putting on the 3.4 loader....same error.

I then re-formated it again...however this time after format the device vanished and it was not recognized by Windows, I have taken it out many times and put it back into the USB Ports(I say ports because I have tried it on every single USB port on my PC).

I then took out the Mico SD card(4gb-Kingston) and inserted the card-reader by itself however the same thing happened the device kept getting USB hub error with or without the card inside.

I'm wondering though....is it the card-reader or the Micro SD card? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Zeppelinfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt work, i have tried that. I have tried starting it in dsorganize, through mycard and through nds. I have tried clicking moonshell_m3sd_m3 adapter (sd card).nds and moonshell_m3sd_alt_m3 adapter (sd card).nds and the moonshell that dsorganize places in moonshl folder (which that only takes you to dsorganize anyhow). Nothing seems to work at all. I am assuming it is this 8 gig card it doesnt like. The m3 real cart i have the box says i assume version (D). whatever that suppose to mean.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it said my card was corrupt after I put it into the reader
I just removed the card and reinserted it and it was fine

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Real destroyed my NFS: PS save. I had to get a program off the internet to copy all the files to my computer because one of them was corrupt and windows gives up as soon as it meets anything a bit difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-