Hacking M3DS-simply simple review

DB62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I am new to all of this. If I get this, will the titles and interfaces be in Chinese? If so, is there an English one available? Thanks, Dan

pengon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4 and I can say that by looking at the photos of the interface they look identical.

Although I would say that the M3 is a more professional looking package as a whole.

For all those people wondering, the R4 works very well and very easily. I am sure that the M3 will be a great option.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4/M3 DS are the best. Honestly. WHY should you have to wait for a "firmware" update for the Supercard ONE when you have 100% commercial game compatibility for the R4/M3 RIGHT NOW. Not to mention that R4 comes with a MicroSD reader (You can read MicroSD's without adapter).

Supercard ONE just sucks. Face it
sleep.gif

marblearch111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and thanks for uploading the pictures!
the software and package looks really high quality..
and i want a white case.. supercard should have released a white case too..

anyways, I can read chinese, so if anyone wants any translation, go ahead and ask.

can you translate the message in the picture
0612292316509312.jpg

its looks like R4 with M3 firmware!!

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first two characters = hardware/hard copy
3rd and 4th characters= version
last 3 = doesnt fit/ not compatible

yep.. pretty much the hardware version or smth is not compatible.
thats chinese chinese so i'm only around 90%

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
while you're talking, the new firmware is already out.
shut up.
But the thing is that they didn't get most of the kinks out from the beginning which R4 did and apparently M3 did too. It's like buying a new car and to drive it out of the dealership, you had to bring your own gas which is the Supercard DS (ONE) and R4DS and M3DS are a car that is already gased up and ready to go.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ambitous21

It still doesn't make any difference, R4/M3 is still much easier to use then Supercard ONE. Regardless of any firmware.

i'll agree with all that
those two products looked much more professionally put together
and it seems like its running all the games very well.
but with the new firmware supercard is running the games well too. and a better GUI. and i'm not sure about save type, but sarah mentioned something about it being automatic so i guess something was fixed.

kenfrenzyThe new version 1.1 firmware for supercard DS auto detects speed, and their new save size list is now all correct. Newer games may still need a manual change, but you only have to do it once.

anyhow my point is, yea those 2 might be better, but that doesnt mean supercard is piece of ****.
it does pretty much what it needs to do, so quit down talking it.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think this topic is getting a bit off topic. It's not about who better, it's about the M3 DS Simply and what it has to offer. Am I right?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 Simply is the same thing as R4 DS, for better or for worse. The REAL M3 Slot One will be completely different and come with the PDA tool. And blow all Slot One's out of the water (Supposedly)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
M3 Simply is the same thing as R4 DS, for better or for worse. The REAL M3 Slot One will be completely different and come with the PDA tool. And blow all Slot One's out of the water (Supposedly)
Probably won't blow them out of the water. None of the knocked DS-X off it pedestal. They just joined it up there. You're probably right about PDA. GBA wont be happening unless M3 decides to bundle it with a M3 Perfect which I think they will.

YodaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, M3 team owns M3 and G6, the R4 is a different company but the same actual hardware that the M3 Simply does.

So basically they went to an oem for the "simply" so they would have a product out at the same time as every one else to buy them time to finish their "real" cart.

I would not be surprised if the r4/m3ds is actually made by r4, they get to boost sales by selling under a second brand (m3) and gain a little credibility from m3's name.

I don’t get why there would be a nameless developer/manufacture supplying both because they could sell their own product with fewer middle men.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head